The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you rode Frog Bayou yet?
Once, rode out to the waterfalls (from the west trailhead) which is of course mostly dirt roads - then we continued further west on the trails - I’ll say the waterfalls were pretty and the trails west of there were fun, a little overgrown and less traveled just like I like them.

Pic of us at that waterfall
F9599E8C 26DC 4521 A7FE E79C708B6224

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, some info requested please since we are new to the site and have never been to Mulberry;
  1. Is the any preferred method to camping, we do not have a camper but are fully outfitted for tenting although the wife has indicated lodging may be the way to go.
  2. Is the area pet friendly and does anyone bring dogs on the trail rides? I'll need to make arrangements for our three Brittanies if they are not welcome.
  3. For the veterans of the ride, any helpful tips you can provide to prepare us for a good fun weekend would be appreciated.
Thanks All
I just looked and as of this morning they have one cabin left for rental. https://www.mulberrymountainlodge.com/

I have
rented an RV site before and camped in a tent - used a electric space heater to help warn the tent. Just became full those space heaters draw a good current and if you use a cheap extension cord it will trip the breaker as we found out.. or at least two running did. The RV site has bathrooms and showers that you can use as well that are only open to those camping there.
As far as what to bring on the trail - usually bring enough for the day as the trails are such that Wes usually do not come back to camp until right before dinner. I would recommend bringing all the food, drink and warm and dry clothes to be comfortable for the day. Some people bring a little grill and grill on the trail for lunch even.

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yeah, the camper wasn’t in the best shape, they were late getting there, and they did a crap job of setting it up when it was delivered so it had a noticeable slant when walking in it.

If you had a truck to tow it yourself, the cost is close to staying in a cabin, but the delivery/dump fees are too much to do it again.

Razorback

Razorback

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2015
Van Buren, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
Once, rode out to the waterfalls (from the west trailhead) which is of course mostly dirt roads - then we continued further west on the trails - I’ll say the waterfalls were pretty and the trails west of there were fun, a little overgrown and less traveled just like I like them.

Pic of us at that waterfall
View attachment 177519
I liked the trail. Some say it's too rough. I wanted to get with you when I first rode it, but had a guy show up for a ride low on gas. So we ride to Winslow.
There is a outlaw trail in the area that's good too. And another that shows on Google Earth goes all over the side of the mountain, but haven't got to check it out yet.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I liked the trail. Some say it's too rough. I wanted to get with you when I first rode it, but had a guy show up for a ride low on gas. So we ride to Winslow.
There is a outlaw trail in the area that's good too. And another that shows on Google Earth goes all over the side of the mountain, but haven't got to check it out yet.
I am game to go check them out some time - I was looking on the map as well because i have hear about that outlaw trail

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, some info requested please since we are new to the site and have never been to Mulberry;
  1. Is the any preferred method to camping, we do not have a camper but are fully outfitted for tenting although the wife has indicated lodging may be the way to go.
  2. Is the area pet friendly and does anyone bring dogs on the trail rides? I'll need to make arrangements for our three Brittanies if they are not welcome.
  3. For the veterans of the ride, any helpful tips you can provide to prepare us for a good fun weekend would be appreciated.
Thanks All
It can be brutally cold there as we found out last yr! So I'd get a cabin. I'm not sure of the pet policy but you'll be fine with them on the trails.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
It can be brutally cold there as we found out last yr! So I'd get a cabin. I'm not sure of the pet policy but you'll be fine with them on the trails.
Speaking of cold weather... let's talk cold weather gear/clothing. I can't buy anything locally that would be good in temps below 40*, so I'm looking to get some clothing more suitable for sub-freezing temps. I picked up a nice heated jacket on sale around Christmas time, so I've got that covered. What's the general consensus on bibs? I've got some Dickies insulated in my Amazon cart along with a couple pairs of fleece lined cargo pants.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Speaking of cold weather... let's talk cold weather gear/clothing. I can't buy anything locally that would be good in temps below 40*, so I'm looking to get some clothing more suitable for sub-freezing temps. I picked up a nice heated jacket on sale around Christmas time, so I've got that covered. What's the general consensus on bibs? I've got some Dickies insulated in my Amazon cart along with a couple pairs of fleece lined cargo pants.
Yep those will work great. Good gloves, and winter hat. Pretty much anything carhartt will work, and last. Boots and socks are important.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Yep those will work great. Good gloves, and winter hat. Pretty much anything carhartt will work, and last. Boots and socks are important.
Thanks. I've got some cold weather Muck boots and good socks. I have a few different sets of Carhartt, Columbia, and Dickies bibs and pants coming from Amazon Wardrobe or whatever it is so I can try a few out.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Some of my winter gear (depends on weather to what i use)
  • Icebreaker Merino Wool base layer (icebreaker.com - and they are having a sale now)
  • Darn Tough Socks - best socks in the world, lifetime guarantee - get ones with as much merino wool % as possible
  • Carthartt Bibs (I use often)
  • Milwaukee Heated Vest under sweatshirt or other jacket to hold heat in
    • you can get a 12V power cord to plug into cig lighter
I have not found a great pair of gloves that are flexible and keep hands warm- they make some battery operated ones but @Plumber32 taught me to take the gloves off and stick the inside under the exhaust when you stop... heats them up nicely.

L

LJSXS

Nov 27, 2019
Springdale Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Man I’d love to come ride with you guys, I’ve rode 4 wheelers all over those mountains. We would leave Delaney at the family cabin and end up down at Cass. Then would ride back. Done that numerous times. Full days ride for sure. Unfortunately I’m gonna be out of town for work. Everyone have fun. I’ll hopefully get to come with next trip!

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!