Mulberry Mountain / Mill Creek OHV area info needed

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We will be riding out of Mulberry Lodge Thursday (5-26), Friday and possibly Saturday with late arriving friends. I have watched several videos that show some climbs comparable to Silverton Colorado in elevation change (600-2,600) so we're stoked.
My worry is there is decent rain chance forecasted for all days and there appears to be LOTS of creek crossings...
Also, being self employed, we didn't realize it is Memorial Day weekend, so, being the end of week before, it could be crowded OR deserted. Eureka Springs motels Saturday night are already a bit scarce.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
We will be riding out of Mulberry Lodge Thursday (5-26), Friday and possibly Saturday with late arriving friends. I have watched several videos that show some climbs comparable to Silverton Colorado in elevation change (600-2,600) so we're stoked.
My worry is there is decent rain chance forecasted for all days and there appears to be LOTS of creek crossings...
Also, being self employed, we didn't realize it is Memorial Day weekend, so, being the end of week before, it could be crowded OR deserted. Eureka Springs motels Saturday night are already a bit scarce.
Don’t scoff at the rain Tex, the dust will be down, it’s green like a jungle out there and the creek crossings will add excitement, several falls in that trail system will be beautiful. Hope you find Camp Carp.....

I think the family will have fun. Good luck, and Eureka is always special.....👍😎

Josh97stang

Josh97stang

Sep 12, 2020
Sheridan, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
We rode Mill creek two weeks ago for the first time. The blue loop looked fun and challenging. We had a few others riding with us and their equipment wasn’t adequate enough so we were not able to ride much of the loop. Curiosity got the best of us so we are going back next weekend and will be riding Friday and Saturday the same days as you. Mulberry Mnt was completely booked but we found a small camp ground north of there that we will be staying at and can ride from. We will be in 2 red Talons.

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We rode Mill creek two weeks ago for the first time. The blue loop looked fun and challenging. We had a few others riding with us and their equipment wasn’t adequate enough so we were not able to ride much of the loop. Curiosity got the best of us so we are going back next weekend and will be riding Friday and Saturday the same days as you. Mulberry Mnt was completely booked but we found a small camp ground north of there that we will be staying at and can ride from. We will be in 2 red Talons.
Cool! We will be in a green P1K without side decals but with HondaSxS stickers on the hood and a green Rincon. If our friends make it on Saturday, they will be with us in a white P1K.
I watched a vid on the blue loop and it looks to be rather challenging and long. Probably will try at least some of it.
Don’t scoff at the rain Tex, the dust will be down, it’s green like a jungle out there and the creek crossings will add excitement, several falls in that trail system will be beautiful. Hope you find Camp Carp.....

I think the family will have fun. Good luck, and Eureka is always special.....👍😎
Sarah and I both agree that the rain will keep the dust down. Just hope our tent doesn't get flooded! We both (you more than me🤢, Silverton) know about dusty trails!
We'll be careful on the creek crossings (no Pole Creek washaway!) and stop a bunch to let the kids and maybe us old folks play in the water:)! I've seen several mentions of Camp Carp and will try to find it. We'll have 3 days of ridings so maybe we'll have time.
With the climbs I've seen, it may be as good as Silverton but with trees... May become our quick 'mountain' getaway.

Eureka is a fun little town that we've been to many times and is always fun for a couple of days. The ice cream shop at the east end of town across from Pizza Hut is the bomb! Chocolate dipped waffle cones and Blue Bell ice cream😍. Going to visit Snake World🐍 also!

We'll post pics and may try to get our knockoff GoPro mounted and recording. I'll make a separate Mill Creek/Mulberry Mountain post for them.

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Giving her a bath and belly scrub before we go!

KIMG0047

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Riden Mulberry a few times,Really enjoy the trails there. also the people that run Mulberry mountian lodge are aweso.e

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
See if we can meet up somewhere. I have some leftover club stickers from our 2020 Silverton ride.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Anybody planning a Mulberry group ride this summer / fall?

Reactions: Josh97stang
wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, a quick report upon our return home. It was a good but bumpy ride, Sarah bent a front lower A arm as I was on my Rincon, (maybe can straighten and will look into arched arms), lots of mud, got pics at the '60 water fall, forded a raging creek 5 times, got stormed on in a good dry tent, and came home with a bunch of happy kids and some good memories. We will be going back!
We rode south to a creek to wade in the ice cold water, then Friday went to the falls to the east of SH 23 and had to come back via SH 215 and SH 23 as the descent to the falls turned into a one way trip for a ledge in the trail. Today we made it back up to the Mill Creek proper riding area and made the red loop only for time constraints before leaving. The longer blue loop will require some more gear (winch, suspension, etc.) as what little we traversed it in a wrong turn, appears to be and I am told is rather nasty. A future group ride, not solo!

Thanks to @Josh97stang for some info, and I passed them a few club stickers from our Silverton ride (will post some info on that subject in the proper forum).

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
So, a quick report upon our return home. It was a good but bumpy ride, Sarah bent a front lower A arm as I was on my Rincon, (maybe can straighten and will look into arched arms), lots of mud, got pics at the '60 water fall, forded a raging creek 5 times, got stormed on in a good dry tent, and came home with a bunch of happy kids and some good memories. We will be going back!
We rode south to a creek to wade in the ice cold water, then Friday went to the falls to the east of SH 23 and had to come back via SH 215 and SH 23 as the descent to the falls turned into a one way trip for a ledge in the trail. Today we made it back up to the Mill Creek proper riding area and made the red loop only for time constraints before leaving. The longer blue loop will require some more gear (winch, suspension, etc.) as what little we traversed it in a wrong turn, appears to be and I am told is rather nasty. A future group ride, not solo!

Thanks to @Josh97stang for some info, and I passed them a few club stickers from our Silverton ride (will post some info on that subject in the proper forum).
That’s awesome Tex!!!!

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
Are there enough easy to moderate trails at Mulberry Mountain for a couple days of riding? My wife usually accompanies me and she isn't real found of death defying adventures. We like scenic tides with a good chance of returning without damage to body or machine.

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are there enough easy to moderate trails at Mulberry Mountain for a couple days of riding? My wife usually accompanies me and she isn't real found of death defying adventures. We like scenic tides with a good chance of returning without damage to body or machine.
Boy, that's a toughy to answer for you. The blue loop is a definite NO for you in a P500. The red loop would be doable and going to the falls would be a go as long as you take my route direction. It is definitely rough as if jeepers had bee
0.n there tearing it up. There are many uphills where hi powered rigs have chewed away at the climb faces. There are also lots of mudholes and dig outs in the lower areas. If you like a good challenge, sure. If you want a relaxing and fun run without getting beat up, no. Your little rig would not take it well with its short suspension travel and low belly. I'd make a run further south to Mena and Wolf Pen Gap if I were you. Good trails, two days ride worth.

Reactions: Keebler
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Josh97stang

Josh97stang

Sep 12, 2020
Sheridan, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X

Glad you were able to find the falls. We had a good 3 days worth of riding. We rode the entire 27 mile blue loop on Saturday. It took us about 10 hours. We made lots of stops and took our time. There are a few tough areas on the blue loop that are challenging but for the most part it was a nice ride. We took the red loop on Sunday which didn't take but a few hours to complete. We also rode west of the trail system on some really nice smoother trails for a scenic ride. We would like to go back in the fall to ride when the leaves change color.

Rednick69

Rednick69

Sep 10, 2020
White Hall, AR.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Glad you were able to find the falls. We had a good 3 days worth of riding. We rode the entire 27 mile blue loop on Saturday. It took us about 10 hours. We made lots of stops and took our time. There are a few tough areas on the blue loop that are challenging but for the most part it was a nice ride. We took the red loop on Sunday which didn't take but a few hours to complete. We also rode west of the trail system on some really nice smoother trails for a scenic ride. We would like to go back in the fall to ride when the leaves change color.
This is from our trip at Mulberry this weekend. We were on the blue trail and a Polaris General tipped a bit going up.

Reactions: Josh97stang
wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We made the falls but it was a one way trip down as a ledge would have stopped us coming back up without a winch. I don't want to run the blue loop without friends in case something happens. The one part of the system that I really want to get to is the rock cliff outcrop seen in many pics but I have no idea where it is. We'll be back later maybe when the water is warm enough to swim in and try it again.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!