highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Some of the lesser know good albums from my high school and college years.

Badlands - Voodoo Highway (Jake E Lee from Ozzy) Very blusy.
Lynch Mob - Wicked Sensation ( George Lynch from Dokken) Good songs and VERY good final mix, awesome album art.
Sepultura - Arise, underrated thrash/death metal album from Brazil. One great apex album, everything before and after this one was not even close. The drummer is awesome.

I'm sure I'll think of some other more obscure bands / albums later.

And if you're interested like me in any newer Christian Metal, Theocracy - all albums! Very talented. Not that scream-o crap.

For any AC/DC fans out there: Airbourne - each album has a few very good songs. Back in the Game is a classic song!

Reactions: Jerryg
C

CP25

Feb 27, 2023
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I love those picks from Lynch Mob and Badlands.Will need check out Theocracy and Sepultura.

Reactions: Smitty335
C

CP25

Feb 27, 2023
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4

A few post back posters talked about Joe Satriani, who is an incredible guitarist. It made me think of this guy Buckethead. A very talented guy who play with GNR in the early 2000’s. He definitely walks to his own path, but great listening to when you are in one those relaxing self reflecting moods.

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger and Jerryg
C

CP25

Feb 27, 2023
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Jason Aldean, to me, is a great combination of country and rock. I can listen to his entire library over and over. His rhyme schemes are quite unique and catchy. But this song caught my ear and I love it. The guitar tones are perfect for the song!

You a country fan 10-80?

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
You a country fan 10-80?
I'm a fan of some country, some rock, and some metal. I grew up on the Eagles Greatest Hits and Waylon Jennings Greatest Hits from 8 tracks through CDs! So I don't like everything of one type of music, it just depends.

I would say I'm a fan of great albums, not just one song from an album. And I guess that's because every artist or band has that one great album that sticks with you forever. Those albums have good songs, but the production quality matters to me also. I like nearly all of Aldean's stuff because it fits me. Fortunately I was in 8th and 9th grade in 1987-88 and THAT was a great year for rock! GNR - Appetite for Destruction, Def Leppard - Hysteria, Metallica - Justice, Megadeth - Rust in Peace (1990), Judas Priest - Painkiller (1990). Landmark great albums as a whole!! Streaming is convenient but I miss the sleeves and inserts! And when streaming these classic albums, the only way to listen is in the correct album order, not shuffled, because those old cassettes only played straight through!

Hysteria was almost over produced and super clean. But in the same sense, I like AC/DC - Flick of the Switch, which had a very raw production. For Those About to Rock had a great production (same producer as Hysteria). On And Justice For All, the kick drum sounded awesome, probably the best recording up to that point. The songs were finely and intricately crafted with guitar solos that are still memorable for air guitar!

Many people think metal is noise, but that's not true for all. And Protools, has made music boringly too clean and perfect!! The feel is lost when over produced.

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm a fan of some country, some rock, and some metal. I grew up on the Eagles Greatest Hits and Waylon Jennings Greatest Hits from 8 tracks through CDs! So I don't like everything of one type of music, it just depends.

I would say I'm a fan of great albums, not just one song from an album. And I guess that's because every artist or band has that one great album that sticks with you forever. Those albums have good songs, but the production quality matters to me also. I like nearly all of Aldean's stuff because it fits me. Fortunately I was in 8th and 9th grade in 1987-88 and THAT was a great year for rock! GNR - Appetite for Destruction, Def Leppard - Hysteria, Metallica - Justice, Megadeth - Rust in Peace (1990), Judas Priest - Painkiller (1990). Landmark great albums as a whole!! Streaming is convenient but I miss the sleeves and inserts! And when streaming these classic albums, the only way to listen is in the correct album order, not shuffled, because those old cassettes only played straight through!

Hysteria was almost over produced and super clean. But in the same sense, I like AC/DC - Flick of the Switch, which had a very raw production. For Those About to Rock had a great production (same producer as Hysteria). On And Justice For All, the kick drum sounded awesome, probably the best recording up to that point. The songs were finely and intricately crafted with guitar solos that are still memorable for air guitar!

Many people think metal is noise, but that's not true for all. And Protools, has made music boringly too clean and perfect!! The feel is lost when over produced.

C

CP25

Feb 27, 2023
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!