BOX1

My build list.

Mcclain210

Mcclain210

Jul 21, 2020
North East, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
In process of finding a red 2020, or waiting for a 21 right now. This is my build list for when i pick it up. Very excited! Coming from an xp1000 and highlifter so I'm ready for honda quality again! Been a red guy my whole life!

83BDA83C 35CF 426A 968B 80922931C2A2

Reactions: TMCCOY and TripleB
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Here's my opinion on a few things, take it or leave it. Just thought I'd try to help.

Half windshield - I bought the Honda half windshield. Sold it after one ride and got a Super ATV flip up. Half didnt seem to have much of a purpose to me.

Lower Doors.- I put a pair of the Honda lower doors on my first Talon and a pair of AJK lowers on my 4 seater. I didnt care for how the Hondas mounted and were a pain to install. AJK are nice powder coated aluminum and simple to install.

Bags - I don't know a ton about Hondas, but I plan to go with PRP bags. I have read some of the PRP have more capacity

Aluminum Bumpers. I bought both front and rear with my machine. I used the front and sold the rear. I didnt care for how it mounted and stuck out. I opted for no rear bumper and havent missed it.

All the Honda brand stuff is pricey and can usually be done cheaper.

If you ride Rocks I'd suggest upgrading skid plate, high clearance front arms and high clearance radius rods. I used Factory UTV for skid and L&W for arms and rods. These along with windshield, nerf bars, tires, would be the first things I added.

Here is a link to my build if interested. I just sold the 2 seater and swapped most the stuff to the a 4 seater.

Last edited:
Mcclain210

Mcclain210

Jul 21, 2020
North East, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
Here's my opinion on a few things, take it or leave it. Just thought I'd try to help.

Half windshield - I bought the Honda half windshield. Sold it after one ride and got a Super ATV flip up. Half didnt seem to have much of a purpose to me.

Lower Doors.- I put a pair of the Honda lower doors on my first Talon and a pair of AJK lowers on my 4 seater. I didnt care for how the Hondas mounted and were a pain to install. AJK are nice powder coated aluminum and simple to install.

Bags - I don't know a ton about Hondas, but I plan to go with PRP bags. I have read some of the PRP have more capacity

Aluminum Bumpers. I bought both front and rear with my machine. I used the front and sold the rear. I didnt care for how it mounted and stuck out. I opted for no rear bumper and havent missed it.

If you ride Rocks I'd suggest upgrading skid plate, high clearance front arms and high clearance radius rods. I used Factory UTV for skid and L&W for arms and rods. These along with windshield, nerf bars, tires, would be the first things I added.

Here is a link to my build if interested. I just sold the 2 seater and swapped most the stuff to the a 4 seater.
Thank you very much for your input! I appreciate things like that from owners who have already had the experience. Looking further at the rear bumper, I see what you mean and I am going to pass on it. Never really been a fan of rear bumpers anyway. Also, I believe the honda bags are made by PRP? So ive heard from others and they look VERY similar and of identical materials. Ive heard nothing but good about their lower door inserts. So im going to give them a go. I only want the half windshield for a little mud deflection. I love feeling the wind in my face in these buggies. I guess it adds to the experience haha.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Some basic tidbits here -

Mcclain210

Mcclain210

Jul 21, 2020
North East, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
Some basic tidbits here -

Thank you. First thing I am doing is installing mudbusters pieces to fill in where that opening is and installing the firewall shield. The only thing im not thrilled about on the talons is the air filter location and set up. A particle separator is just something else i have to maintain and it looks dumb imo.

Reactions: CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thank you. First thing I am doing is installing mudbusters pieces to fill in where that opening is and installing the firewall shield. The only thing im not thrilled about on the talons is the air filter location and set up. A particle separator is just something else i have to maintain and it looks dumb imo.
Note that you'll either be maintaining a particle separator or the Uni prefilter if you go that route. A properly oiled Uni becomes a goopy mess when it's covered in fine silt. Mine didn't need cleaning until 1000 miles (IMO) and it was a goopy mess. But I used oiled foam filters in my dirt bikes for 50 years so I'm used to them. Although I've never used a particle separator, I think compressed air is all it takes to clean them. I also don't know how often they should be cleaned. Some are powered, some aren't - choices, choices.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4

I agree with every point there.....👍

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!