BOX1

P500 My First ATV

K

Kingpaul003

Feb 26, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
I decided to buy a 2015 p500 for $5600. I have always wanted to go off road but never had a vehicle suited. My grandfather has a farm with 100 acres in hill country of Tennessee. I drove for 2 hours straight pedal to the metal stepped out of my atv covered in mud and maybe cow. I LOVE THIS THING, but it is stock.

I'm capable of wiring, changing the oil, and basic maintenance. BUT I want to put a few things on before I go on mountain trails.
1 a winch, but I have no clue how make sure wiring is correct
2 a windshield of some kind to keep the mud out my face
3 a 12v outlet or usb, charging outlet.

Other than that I am so glad I bought a side by side over a quad.

Question what is the best way to find trails and videos to install stuff from above.

Screenshot 20190223 184150

C

Chooglin

Last edited by a moderator:
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
pretty funny
always say biggest upgrade to any machine is tires for the riding you plan to do, yours look pretty done and stock is not going to get you very far

Reactions: Kingpaul003
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I decided to buy a 2015 p500 for $5600. I have always wanted to go off road but never had a vehicle suited. My grandfather has a farm with 100 acres in hill country of Tennessee. I drove for 2 hours straight pedal to the metal stepped out of my atv covered in mud and maybe cow. I LOVE THIS THING, but it is stock.

I'm capable of wiring, changing the oil, and basic maintenance. BUT I want to put a few things on before I go on mountain trails.

Question what is the best way to find trails and videos to install stuff from above.

View attachment 110725
Welcome to the club!
Follow the threads @Chooglin posted. That should be a good basis for you to wrap your mind around.
If you get stumped, please come back and start a thread with your questions.
Or better yet! Start a garage thread about your machine. Ask all your questions in it and we all will do our best to respond.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Last edited:
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X

View attachment 110725
It has a 12v outlet . Center dash low . Save huge bucks , get a good come along not a winch . Get a windshield that folds down ! You wont want it up MOST of the time . Welcome to the P5 place .

T

twodog

Jan 22, 2019
Ozark Mountains
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome and you are in the right place. I have not been here long and have learned a lot. I recently installed a winch after asking for help here. The info and suggestions I got make the installation real easy.
Gotta be careful though you will max out the credit card after seeing all the goodies that you can put on a P500. ;)

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!