P500 My P520s day of reckoning

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Well that didn’t seem to work either I don’t have a flat enough surface to try to get the drill in there. So just moving on.
There is no reason to worry about this skid plate now when I have so much more work to do in the skid plate goes on last

I decided to get the steering linkage out of the way so I can install the power steering after the locker is in, The a-arms are swapped out and the new shocks on. Either the directions were not very clear or I don’t know how to read, but I had no idea you had to take each one of the screws out to get the steering linkage to let go

Last edited:
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
OK for those of you that are following the S and have put in power steering before, I think I need to shove it to one side otherwise it vines but I can’t remember if it’s the passenger side or the driver side. I’m going to leave the brackets loose until I hear back from somebody.

Reactions: Backwoods
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Well that ends my fun for the day. I have a day and a half more to get some of it sorted out before my wife gets home from Florida. Decent progress was made today so I don’t feel too bad.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I’m back out it again today. Not sure I’ll get finished today but I still have some time left tomorrow if I don’t get everything accomplished. After running to Menards this morning to pick up a few things I have made some decent progress.

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
And typical of my projects, I don’t have a small enough punch to drive that pin out. So I guess it’s break time
Whatever you do, do *not* try to use Harbor Freight punches. I went through I think 3 of em, they keep bending. Ended up costing less to pick up one at Menards.

Other's have had luck using a small drill bit, but there's a chance of it shattering.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Thanks for the advice. I just ran to Menards and picked up a couple things that I needed to have. Only two trips so far so I likely have one more to go.
The locker went in surprisingly easy.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
well this part is uncharted territory for me. I assume that I have them laid out correctly but for some reason the three packages that I got for the arms didn’t have any instructions. I did find them online so that’s not a huge issue

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Well I’m gonna be done for the day. Hopefully I’ll make some more good progress tomorrow. Still on the last are turn signals horn and wiring up the power steering unit. Also tapping in so that my headlights will turn on the auxiliary light. I plan on getting everything put back together tomorrow except for the front a arms. I will definitely need help with the ball joints

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I didn’t get new ball joints, but that may be what I have to do. For some reason I couldn’t even get the knuckle off of the old control arms. Which is really weird considering this machines only a year old and probably has 300 miles on it.

i’m going to take the old control arms with the knuckle attached and the axle shafts along with my new control arms and just see if I can have a buddy of mine swap the stuff over. Tomorrow I’m putting the winch and bumper back on and doing all the wiring I need to get done. After that I have very little to get done before our next trip.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!