P500 My P520s day of reckoning

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I didn’t get a lot of work done today on the side-by-side. But I did get a couple things done started wiring up the turn signals and horn and did some other wiring to get ready for when it’s all back together

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
A quick update.

I didn't have a lot of time to work on my projects this week. I did get the ball joints pressed into the new arms. I would strongly suggest that you just bite the bullet and buy new ball joints if you decide to buy and install the Super ATV a-arms. It will save you a lot of aggravation. My p520 has 335 miles on it and I have a hard time spending money on something that is still like new unless it's going to either be better than what I have or will make my life easier.

The new a=arms are installed. I need to do a major alignment on my 520, after the a-arms it has some pretty bad toe-in. That will happen today, hopefully. At least enough to drive it and figure out what how much camber I need to adjust.

I also have my bumper and Winch are back on. I have a little more wiring to finish up before I can call that done.

Two projects remaining for this round:
  • SATV full skid-plate
  • 2" receiver hitch

Still on the horizon for someday are:
  • a chopped cage
  • different wheel and tires to get me back closer to 50"
  • Some type of back panel
  • Radio/intercom
Rob

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
A quick update.

I didn't have a lot of time to work on my projects this week. I did get the ball joints pressed into the new arms. I would strongly suggest that you just bite the bullet and buy new ball joints if you decide to buy and install the Super ATV a-arms. It will save you a lot of aggravation. My p520 has 335 miles on it and I have a hard time spending money on something that is still like new unless it's going to either be better than what I have or will make my life easier.

The new a=arms are installed. I need to do a major alignment on my 520, after the a-arms it has some pretty bad toe-in. That will happen today, hopefully. At least enough to drive it and figure out what how much camber I need to adjust.

I also have my bumper and Winch are back on. I have a little more wiring to finish up before I can call that done.

Two projects remaining for this round:
  • SATV full skid-plate
  • 2" receiver hitch

Still on the horizon for someday are:
  • a chopped cage
  • different wheel and tires to get me back closer to 50"
  • Some type of back panel
  • Radio/intercom
Rob

Figured as much, that's why I asked if you had bought ball joints. There's no camber adjustment on the P5's other than preload on the shocks. If the top of the tire is tilted out, you'll have to lower it down. That's what I had to do with the OutKast arms.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Finally got around to installing the @trigger Quick Shield. Fit like a glove but it was a pain in the A to install due to Honda engineers. I'll get back on the heat reduction. I will say I can already see it's going to be easier to clean!

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Figured as much, that's why I asked if you had bought ball joints. There's no camber adjustment on the P5's other than preload on the shocks. If the top of the tire is tilted out, you'll have to lower it down. That's what I had to do with the OutKast arms.
Actually the new super ATV arms have camber adjustment.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520

It’s a little wonky after I’ve got it back together. Looks like I’ve got a little too much camber especially on the driver side and of course I just did the toe way too much and now I’ve got the tires pointing opposite directions.

Last edited:
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I feel like this side-by-side has been in my basement for way too long. Working on my project for the day

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I already have arched A arms and I still want those. 🧐
Hi,

I can tell you both that there was a point where I seriously questioned why I bought them. Dealing with the ball joints sucked... I would recommend that anyone wanting to get the arms go ahead and buy new ball joints pressed in, (if possible).

I really do like the arms now and the ability to change the camber is very nice. They seem very robust.

I still have my turn signals to finish up and my skid plate.

On the topic of skid plates; has anyone installed a SATV skid plate on a new p520 yet? They recommend that the 520 is tipped over on its side per the instructions. I'm trying to figure out if I just hoist up the front end if that will work enough to get me under the sxs to install it.

Rob

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Hi,

I can tell you both that there was a point where I seriously questioned why I bought them. Dealing with the ball joints sucked... I would recommend that anyone wanting to get the arms go ahead and buy new ball joints pressed in, (if possible).

I really do like the arms now and the ability to change the camber is very nice. They seem very robust.

I still have my turn signals to finish up and my skid plate.

On the topic of skid plates; has anyone installed a SATV skid plate on a new p520 yet? They recommend that the 520 is tipped over on its side per the instructions. I'm trying to figure out if I just hoist up the front end if that will work enough to get me under the sxs to install it.

Rob

I tried to warn you about that, lol! Could've been worse though, I had to drill out my A arm tabs to mount the OutKast ones and purchase new bolts. It's all a pita until you're done, then it was worth it.
I wouldn't tip my machine on its side. I actually installed my aftermarket skid plate without lifting the machine at all. 🤷‍♂️

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520

Rob
Like an idiot, I winched mine up a tree and tied it off with a couple of Dollar General ratchet straps. Drank a few beers before I crawled under it to make sure that I was nice and flexible for when it fell on me.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!