P500 My P520s day of reckoning

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Like an idiot, I winched mine up a tree and tied it off with a couple of Dollar General ratchet straps. Drank a few beers before I crawled under it to make sure that I was nice and flexible for when it fell on me.
I tried very hard to not imbibe while turning the wrenches on this project. I didn't want the 520 to fall on me at home or break down in Wyoming next week when we are in the Medicine Bow National Forest.

Actually, breaking down and making my wife hike back to Saratoga where we are staying might end worse for me that the 520 dropping on top of me.

I thought about using my floor joist to winch the 520 up so I could get under it for the install. It's still in my storage room downstairs. It is too damn hot in Omaha to work on it out in the garage where it normally lives.

Rob

Reactions: DaddyDubbs
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Work resumes tomorrow evening. Skid-plate and finishing up the turn signals and horn.

My trip is scheduled for next Wednesday, so I have time to really screw up between now and then.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I actually had a little time last night to work on things. Got the back half of the skid plates mounted. I also ran two extra wires from the front to the back for future accessories. Zip tied everything up nice and tidy

B3763A3D 988F 4FF1 B611 A53723E1F569

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I actually had a little time last night to work on things. Got the back half of the skid plates mounted. I also ran two extra wires from the front to the back for future accessories. Zip tied everything up nice and tidy

View attachment 347056

Did you happen to put anti seize on the skid bolts? Just more friendly advise, it'll come back to bite you if not. 👍

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Did you happen to put anti seize on the skid bolts? Just more friendly advise, it'll come back to bite you if not. 👍
Ugh… everything else but not those. At least there are only 12 so far and spinning them out and back in will be easy as the skid plate will be held up as long as I do one at a time.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Ugh… everything else but not those. At least there are only 12 so far and spinning them out and back in will be easy as the skid plate will be held up as long as I do one at a time.

Someone gave me that advise early on and I chose not to take it. Bit me in the ass later.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I would agree, it looks like a nice skid plate. And look how fat those tires look.

Reactions: Backwoods
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Well tonight I decided to work on the rest of my electrical. I finally have all of the turn signals hooked up and everything seems to be working fine except for the driver side front.

I posted below in the Turn Pro signal vendor section. I also worked on my skid plate a little bit tonight, but of course the one broken bolt from the OEM skid plate is causing me all sorts of problems. I drilled a hole in the broken bolt and hammered in the extractor. Of course while I’m turning the extractor extractor broke off inside the hole of the bolt. Quite possibly the worst case scenario for trying to get this thing out.

it must be my special gift in life just to have a little more struggle than anybody should have.😂

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Well as you could read it another thread I got the turn signals figured out. Or any of you that I’ve purchased the turn signal kit off of our side, do your Turn signals work even when the ignition is off?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!