Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yep, you discovered the tippy nature of the P5. Just have to deal with it and learn the way it responds to the terrain. There's plenty of discussions on this board about things which you can do to improve its stability. Good luck with that. Still can't get over that color!

J

Jshell3

@Jf500 Is the top of your steering column painted to match your hood? Am I seeing that correctly? Looks Green in the pic w the bow in the seat.

And also, Honda does a terrible job with accessories installation instructions... but the little rubber pucks in the roof clamps are for shipping purposes and should be discarded prior to roof installation.
(Or so I read... kudos if you made it work. I could not. )

Reactions: JTW
J

Jf500

Aug 16, 2016
New york
Ownership

1. 500
@Jf500 Is the top of your steering column painted to match your hood? Am I seeing that correctly? Looks Green in the pic w the bow in the seat.

And also, Honda does a terrible job with accessories installation instructions... but the little rubber pucks in the roof clamps are for shipping purposes and should be discarded prior to roof installation.
(Or so I read... kudos if you made it work. I could not. )
Haha must of been the lighting but it's not painted to match although now that you pointed it out that wouldn't look too bad. The instructions were non existent! Just kinda went for it. I figured the rubber pucks will cut down on vibration noise. It wasn't difficult to get them in at all.

Reactions: Jshell3
J

Jshell3

Yeah... I though about painting the top of my steering column after that pic... it DOES look pretty good!

Roof Installation Link HERE... (you can thank HondaSxS for compiling the instructions... It's a full time job, for sure!) I had to consult this documentation when installing mine, because of the tabs.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jf500

Aug 16, 2016
New york
Ownership

1. 500
Yep, you discovered the tippy nature of the P5. Just have to deal with it and learn the way it responds to the terrain. There's plenty of discussions on this board about things which you can do to improve its stability. Good luck with that. Still can't get over that color!
I love the color!! Got something in the works to add to it... Not gonna let that one out yet... I wish there was a roll cage "drop" or chop out there. Try and lower the center of gravity a bit. Especially with what I have planned. I have a buddy I'm going to be talking to that is good with fab and welding. At least much better than I am.

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I love the color!! Got something in the works to add to it... Not gonna let that one out yet... I wish there was a roll cage "drop" or chop out there. Try and lower the center of gravity a bit. Especially with what I have planned. I have a buddy I'm going to be talking to that is good with fab and welding. At least much better than I am.
Well maybe it will grow on me. Folks have chopped the top. It's been discussed on this board with photos. Chopping 4-6" out of the cage isn't really going to do much to the COG. Sway bar removal is the easiest (and free) mod you can do with the best benefit. If you don't haul it in the bed of your truck, or ride restricted trails, add spacers to your wheels (with minimal risk) install offset wheels, install wider tires. All will provide increased stability.

J

Jf500

Aug 16, 2016
New york
Ownership

1. 500
Well maybe it will grow on me. Folks have chopped the top. It's been discussed on this board with photos. Chopping 4-6" out of the cage isn't really going to do much to the COG. Sway bar removal is the easiest (and free) mod you can do with the best benefit. If you don't haul it in the bed of your truck, or ride restricted trails, add spacers to your wheels (with minimal risk) install offset wheels, install wider tires. All will provide increased stability.
I plan on adding weight to the top if my roll cage plans work out. So the lower that weight can be the better. I'll have to check out the chopping threads.

Reactions: JTW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I plan on adding weight to the top if my roll cage plans work out. So the lower that weight can be the better. I'll have to check out the chopping threads.
Yes, for someone that's going to add weight to the roof ?????, obviously the lower the roof the better. But again, if you don't haul in the bed of the truck, or ride restricted trails, going wider is the best defense, and loose the ASB.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

You can add spacers and still put it in the back of a truck. Loaded Side

advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Haha must of been the lighting but it's not painted to match although now that you pointed it out that wouldn't look too bad. The instructions were non existent! Just kinda went for it. I figured the rubber pucks will cut down on vibration noise. It wasn't difficult to get them in at all.
No vibration. ....
if so your not tight
enough....

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Can you take or have better pics?

Loaded with RampsHere you go.
I had ramps built, laying in bottom left corner, and was prepared to drive over the wheel wells. It may have rubbed a little but I have a Line X liner and didn't notice any scuffs on tires or anything.
26" BH 2.0 's on stock wheels w/1" spacers.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
View attachment 25184Here you go.
I had ramps built, laying in bottom left corner, and was prepared to drive over the wheel wells. It may have rubbed a little but I have a Line X liner and didn't notice any scuffs on tires or anything.
26" BH 2.0 's on stock wheels w/1" spacers.
Love those folding ramps. Steele or aluminum?

Reactions: trigger
doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
Impressive setup especially with those ramps Trigger. But I have to ask...why the aversion to just using a trailer? no tailgate removal, no big ramps to mess around with. Just a question. Certainly not knocking your choice. I have no choice with a 5.5' bed.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Impressive setup especially with those ramps Trigger. But I have to ask...why the aversion to just using a trailer? no tailgate removal, no big ramps to mess around with. Just a question. Certainly not knocking your choice. I have no choice with a 5.5' bed.

I have a trailer that I normally use.
This set up is for pulling the travel trailer too...little 18'er. Loaded Rear

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!