Need help in my Bed!

Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn

Jan 12, 2018
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So the wife and I are planning some day trips and overnight trips. Like most I want to be prepared for the apocalypse. I wanted to find a box for the bed which I finally found a reasonably price box at tractor supply (bigger than I wanted but only $22).
I’d like to mount the following to the box:
Farmer Jack (jaw breaker)
Spare tire
Jerry Can
The reason I’d like everything mounted is so when I’m using the Pioneer at the farm I could back up to my bench and slide the whole assembly on and off.

So my question: is there anything else that I’m not thinking of? Also how to easily mount the Farmer Jack and Spare tire to the box? Any other ideas appreciate!

Thanks in advance!

D9DB521B 1D6E 4F67 8034 2529A5824A7C 85F8B1DD 90FA 4590 A404 0E51117FEECC

Reactions: Remington
Max718

Max718

Jun 7, 2017
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-4
So the wife and I are planning some day trips and overnight trips. Like most I want to be prepared for the apocalypse. I wanted to find a box for the bed which I finally found a reasonably price box at tractor supply (bigger than I wanted but only $22).
Spare tire
Jerry Can
The reason I’d like everything mounted is so when I’m using the Pioneer at the farm I could back up to my bench and slide the whole assembly on and off.

So my question: is there anything else that I’m not thinking of? Also how to easily mount the Farmer Jack and Spare tire to the box? Any other ideas appreciate!

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 80016 View attachment 80017
Don't forget the lug wrench

Reactions: Farmerjohn
Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn

Jan 12, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
10-4 Driver! I was thinking maybe picking up a cheapy at Menards so I could just leave it in the box!
Think of anything else throw it at me eh!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Spare tire
Jerry Can

Thanks in advance!

When you say anything else your not thinking of - are you meaning what should you carry or what/ how to make removable?
To carry among a lot of other things I would have a spare tie rod or two and the tools to change it.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Spare tire
Jerry Can

Thanks in advance!

Jack mount.

Hi-Lift ATV/UTV Jack Adjustable Tube Mount

36" jack

Hi-Lift ATV/UTV Jack

Reactions: Farmerjohn and mjn
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My wife and I do a lot of riding where I can't even GET to with my truck and trailer, top that with the fact that I'm "that guy" that tries to prepare for everything LOL! Here's what I will carry all the time;

Full toolbox, (including electrical connectors etc)
Tree strap (only useful once the winch is mounted..)
snatch block
Spare tire/wheel
jack
shovel
chain saw

I only carry extra fuel on long rides.

The problem with the Pioneer is the lack of tie downs. I'm working in rectifying that issue. Take a peek in mjn's build thread in a few weeks. I have something brewing in my pointy head....

Oh.. and BTW, with that thread title, expect some funny answers!

"need some help in the bed? What's she look like?" Hahahaha!!!

Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn

Jan 12, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Fellas,
I appreciate it! TP - maybe the most important!
Snatch block - of course! I didn’t think of that!
I was going to substitute an axe for a saw! Thoughts? (I only have a 75cc saw).
Shovel is a great idea and I appreciate the jack mount!!!!
Removable and what to carry is helpful!! I need ideas. Like many I want to be prepared from r anything or be able to help anyone!
Tierod ends... great idea - thank you

Please share what your doing for tie downs!

I just ordered the can today

AE85D453 C51E 4839 AEA8 D60446070043

advertisement
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a hatchet in my tool box. I never leave on a ride without my chainsaw. I don't know what type of terrain you ride in though.. I ride a lot in North Idaho. You just never know when you'll come around a corner to find a tree across the trail.

Oh.. forgot;
small air compressor
full set of tire plugs & glue

I'm sure I'll remember more as time goes on :)

Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn

Jan 12, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a hatchet in my tool box. I never leave on a ride without my chainsaw. I don't know what type of terrain you ride in though.. I ride a lot in North Idaho. You just never know when you'll come around a corner to find a tree across the trail.

Oh.. forgot;
small air compressor
full set of tire plugs & glue

I'm sure I'll remember more as time goes on :)

I’m like a beaver with an axe!!! Lol.
I’ll have to look at chainsaw mounts!

Reactions: Mudwing
U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
I just did 100 miles of rocky trails and both 5 gallon Jerry can and spare tire mount (aka dragonfire mount off of EBay) worked very well. Highly recommend the spare tire mount. I did have to add a piece of rubber from an old tire b/c our roll cage on the P5 is more like 1.6” than 1.78” but it worked great.

E32b855f541d20bdc3cbbf6d0478e4d1

A48c8dc03d2839f0e6598ed21de62255Cd3ce779bdd07230c1cc236eadd0957e

4751ec4485f4c09f9d87cf26ef48dd1951a2fbe8286396853e9cd5d615593fc7

This is the EBay listing I bought the arm from, very well laid out including bolt pattern. I believe the lugs nuts he supplies are 14mm so I carry an extra wrench...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/232673363931

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I just did 100 miles of rocky trails and both 5 gallon Jerry can and spare tire mount (aka dragonfire mount off of EBay) worked very well. Highly recommend the spare tire mount. I did have to add a piece of rubber from an old tire b/c our roll cage on the P5 is more like 1.6” than 1.78” but it worked great.

View attachment 80179

View attachment 80180View attachment 80181

View attachment 80182View attachment 80183

This is the EBay listing I bought the arm from, very well laid out including bolt pattern. I believe the lugs nuts he supplies are 14mm so I carry an extra wrench...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/232673363931

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like that arm could attach to the Honda rear bumper as well and it's adjustable, so you could make it fit tight behind the rack or most beds. Would sit lower and be centered, best bolt on spare option I've seen. Good sh** @uconn411 . ;)

Leatherneck

Leatherneck

Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bawhahahaha I had to look bawhahahaha

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!