P500 Need help with the math part. Widening my stance for stability.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Main reason for coming across this article is because I was thinking of putting 11's on the front. I just like the idea of having as much contact with the ground as possible for better traction. I also think it would look BA. Anyone see a problem with doing this? I have ESP so it won't make for heavier steering. Might throw more mud but not a big deal to me.

H

Husker1

Oct 24, 2017
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 500
I’m trying to work out a deal with someone on the forum for a set of rear wheels from a 700 so they would all be the same size wheels. I can’t think that a 1” wider tire would make that much of a difference in the steering. Interesting article Trigger.

Reactions: trigger
H

Husker1

Oct 24, 2017
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 500
I just finished mounting my new tires. Big horn 2.0 26x9x12 all around with 1 1/2 spacers and stock wheels 52 1/2 front and 52 in the rear. 25 3/4 tall true measurements and they weighed 30# more for all4 tires than stock. Stock tires and wheels 109 for 4 , big horn 2.0 139# for 4 with stock wheels. Our stock tires weigh front 25#, rear 29 1/2# tires only.

Last edited:
C

Chuckie3

Sep 17, 2018
New Fairfield ct
Ownership

1. 500
Trigger do you think 11 are to wide for front , may put to much stress on front end components.just a thought ?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Trigger do you think 11 are to wide for front , may put to much stress on front end components.just a thought ?

I know, that's my concern. Others have done it and someone was even running 12's all the way around. I plan to throw the backs on the front this weekend and take a good look. I'm just thinking in 4wd and with the locker installed, that would be a wicked front end! :cool:

Reactions: Gassygordo
bigr244

bigr244

Mar 23, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500
So is the 2+5 mentioned the same as 5+2?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
2+5 Offset vs 5+2 Offset
25 offset 52 offset

tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
what's the reason not to use 2x5 and no spacers?
Great question. I do not know the answer other than there are very few wheels for sale that have other than 5 x 2 or 4 x 3 offsets. I speculate that the manufacturers do this to reduce the amount of inventory they must produce and store. You can always add spacers to widen the stance; there is no easy fix if you have to narrow it.

I suppose that you could put 5x2's on the front and 4x3's on the rear of your P500 to even the stance and eliminate the expense of rear spacers but you would lose the ability to rotate the tires.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eltobgi
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Great question. I do not know the answer other than there are very few wheels for sale that have other than 5 x 2 or 4 x 3 offsets. I speculate that the manufacturers do this to reduce the amount of inventory they must produce and store. You can always add spacers to widen the stance; there is no easy fix if you have to narrow it.

I suppose that you could put 5x2's on the front and 4x3's on the rear of your P500 to even the stance and eliminate the expense of rear spacers but you would lose the ability to rotate the tires.

"Very Few Wheels"....NOT TRUE
Example: ITP offers 2+5 " in almost every model wheel that they sell. They offer 16 2+5" models or so in steel alone counting Black and Silver colors.

IMHO our members need facts, not opinion, on things like this. Don't ya think?

WB

Also...I like steel(opinion) because when I get carried away having fun and bend them I can straighten them with a big hammer and a crescent wrench.

WB

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!