P500 Need help with the math part. Widening my stance for stability.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The math and filling out forms side of my brian never seems to function well. I can bloviate on the construction of a modern day outhouse but when I build it, it may not be square, heck it might even be a Decatriangularhexahedron...Anyway, I need to figure out what size spacers and rims I need to get to 53” or 54”. I obviously need some stability in my life and my brian is tired of being slammed to either side of my Brian case due to my perpetual floppage. Feeling like the proverbial punk rock mosh pit Easter Bunny already...So @trigger suggested aluminum wheels to reduce weight and I should go with an offset of 4+3 in the bolt pattern 4/110 but after checking ITP’s website, they don’t make a 4+3 in 4/110 on a 12x7 rim. Only 5+2 & 2+5 but trigger said no to the 2+5.
1. One of my many questions is where will 5+2 put me at width wise, and do i need spacers, and if so, what sizes for front and back?
2. Also who should I buy the spacers from
3. Is there a better material that they’re made of; plastic, aluminum or steel?
4. Is the bolt pattern needed when ordering spacers ?

I’m also going to go up to 26” Bighorn Originals

So I’m thinking 26x9x12 in the front and 26x11x12 in the rear. I know a lot of you say go same size all around for a spare. Is it mainly for rotating them if you drive a lot of road time? Can you guys lend your thoughts on same size vs different front vs back?

I kinda need someone to hold my hand through this. So any help is greatly appreciated!!!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
This here's my follerin' dot .

1) I think it depends on front or rear. The stock wheels have a different offsets. And track, for that matter.
2) @RB3offroad ?
3) I would not use plastic. I think you'll find most are machines aluminum.
4) 4-110mm bolt pattern unless you want to run 1000 wheels. RB3 was making adapter spacers for that. I believe the stud size is 12mm. If you buy ATV ones for smaller studs, it won't work.

UnNumbered) Rotation is one advantage. Traction is another with the improved width foot print. Some like the looks. I don't...and thats what i have. It also makes it steer heavier, but thats not an issue with your PS conversion.

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp and trigger
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@WillyBill got those Wolverine wheels that works out well. Be cheap if someone here had a set laying around. It was substantially more stable, then add mellow spacers.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I went with ITP steel wheels w/ 27" Terrabites because I could get them in a 4+3 offset, loved the ride & stability. I've since sold them and am looking for a new set up in a 25" or 26"this year. Has anyone found specs on what the weight of these wheels? Steel vs Aluminum?

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
itp aluminum are very heavy, stock steel is the lightest wheel by far. bighorns are one of the heaviest tires out there too they are just made for wear above traction or anything else. a lot better tire out there that have better traction and are lighter

Reactions: 100Acre and sharp
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
I went with ITP steel wheels w/ 27" Terrabites because I could get them in a 4+3 offset, loved the ride & stability. I've since sold them and am looking for a new set up in a 25" or 26"this year. Has anyone found specs on what the weight of these wheels? Steel vs Aluminum?
don't know what the steels are but the aluminum are very thick for strength I guess, 27x14 inch xtr and ss wheels were about 50 lb per corner

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
itp aluminum are very heavy, stock steel is the lightest wheel by far. bighorns are one of the heaviest tires out there too they are just made for wear above traction or anything else. a lot better tire out there that have better traction and are lighter

Better traction, in what? Maybe mud but that's about it. You can get better tires for specific riding conditions but Big Horns are the best ALL AROUND ATV tire made and the standard to which all others are measured, that's why there's so many knock offs that resemble their tread pattern. If weight is a concern then the 2.0's fit the bill.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The math and filling out forms side of my brian never seems to function well. I can bloviate on the construction of a modern day outhouse but when I build it, it may not be square, heck it might even be a Decatriangularhexahedron...Anyway, I need to figure out what size spacers and rims I need to get to 53” or 54”. I obviously need some stability in my life and my brian is tired of being slammed to either side of my Brian case due to my perpetual floppage. Feeling like the proverbial punk rock mosh pit Easter Bunny already...So @trigger suggested aluminum wheels to reduce weight and I should go with an offset of 4+3 in the bolt pattern 4/110 but after checking ITP’s website, they don’t make a 4+3 in 4/110 on a 12x7 rim. Only 5+2 & 2+5 but trigger said no to the 2+5.
1. One of my many questions is where will 5+2 put me at width wise, and do i need spacers, and if so, what sizes for front and back?

So I’m thinking 26x9x12 in the front and 26x11x12 in the rear. I know a lot of you say go same size all around for a spare. Is it mainly for rotating them if you drive a lot of road time? Can you guys lend your thoughts on same size vs different front vs back?

I kinda need someone to hold my hand through this. So any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Your a big guy like me. Changing the off set will benefit a smaller guy but someone our size has exceded any standard off set. All of our weight on one side of a small rig will pose danger no matter the off set. If you want true stability and safety you might want to consider a rig that "fits".

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
he said original, they are way heavy and don't have the traction or cleaning a lot of people like the 2, its like maxxis is embarrassed by the weight though have to dig to find it. if you live in the south probably good tire, 2.0 I mean, I wouldn't know though they are expensive and every one I know that's tried them around here for mud or snow has gotten rid of it

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5

yes RB3 makes a 110 to 136 spacer with 12mm studs( p500 to p1000)6061 aluminum - I would put a 1" spacer all the way around. If you would like call me at 480-389-7486

5+2 offset with 26" is common its about 53" then add a 1" wheel spacers helps the stability

Last edited:
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your a big guy like me. Changing the off set will benefit a smaller guy but someone our size has exceded any standard off set. All of our weight on one side of a small rig will pose danger no matter the off set. If you want true stability and safety you might want to consider a rig that "fits".
Wanna buy a bunch of Russian rifles?

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
yes RB3 makes a 110 to 136 spacer with 12mm studs( p500 to p1000)6061 aluminum - I would put a 1" spacer all the way around. If you would like call me at 480-389-7486

5+2 offset with 26" is common its about 53" then add a 1" wheel spacers helps the stability
Will this set up will it be the same on all four corners with 26x10 all round..and the 1'' spacer to give it a 54" width..

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!