Need more legroom in PK15

R

RLovgren

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2019
Albemarle NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a new 2021 p1000 5. I am 6feet 4 inches tall, weigh 290 lbs and have size 17 shoes. While I can drive this thing I would feel a whole lot better and safer with more legroom. If anyone has any good ideas for modifications that can help me out I'd appreciate it. There are other SXS's out there with more legroom but I just couldn't bear to have my SXS powered by a rubber band. One way or the other I will solve this problem even if I have to go to a more drastic fabrication mod but I am hoping one of you in this group with a lot more experience than me will have a solution

Thanks,
Randy

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've never seen a mod for more leg room in a P1000. My buddy is 6'4" and heavier than you, and he's always been comfortable driving my machine.

It'd have to be a pretty major job for sure, and I'm not even sure how you'd go about it. Maybe take it to a limo builder dude and have him stretch it a foot.

R

RLovgren

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2019
Albemarle NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've never seen a mod for more leg room in a P1000. My buddy is 6'4" and heavier than you, and he's always been comfortable driving my machine.

It'd have to be a pretty major job for sure, and I'm not even sure how you'd go about it. Maybe take it to a limo builder dude and have him stretch it a foot.
I was afraid of that. I can fit ok but I think my large feet are the main problem

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
I have a new 2021 p1000 5. I am 6feet 4 inches tall, weigh 290 lbs and have size 17 shoes. While I can drive this thing I would feel a whole lot better and safer with more legroom. If anyone has any good ideas for modifications that can help me out I'd appreciate it. There are other SXS's out there with more legroom but I just couldn't bear to have my SXS powered by a rubber band. One way or the other I will solve this problem even if I have to go to a more drastic fabrication mod but I am hoping one of you in this group with a lot more experience than me will have a solution

Thanks,
Randy
Have ya thought about driving from the back seat 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

advertisement
R

RLovgren

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2019
Albemarle NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm such an A-hole. I thought I had the herky jerky problem fixed until I came out today and it was doing it again. I then noticed I have been clicking my seat belt into the wrong latch. I was using the latch for the middle seat passenger. what I felt was the rev limiter cutting in and out. How's that for stoopid! Thanks for all your advice

Randy

J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wells here's my take.Something to try i think a throtle max will make your problem worse make a plate only 1/2 thick for on the floor to the pedal.Since the 1000 has a lot of head room try rugs or what ever to raise seat height and see if it fits better you can adjust. If that works have someone add that to the seat bottom only.

J

Jerryy

Nov 15, 2016
Freedom, Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2016 P-1000-5, am 6'4 with long legs but only size 14 shoes. I bought the Throttle Max and dare say of the several thousand $$$ in KOA'a (Keep on adding) for my Pioneer, the Throttle Max was the best investment. It allows your foot to remain flat on the floor, thus making the lack of leg room more comfortable.

G

grizzly660fan

Jul 17, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just thinking outside the box...

Have you ever considered any of the options for other vehicles for handicapped drivers? Maybe going to full hand controls and eliminating pedals all the way would create foot room?

Its way out there so maybe not practical and just an idea.

Reactions: WagginTail
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Put a RZR seat bottom in, it should fix you up.

R

RLovgren

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2019
Albemarle NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just thinking outside the box...

Have you ever considered any of the options for other vehicles for handicapped drivers? Maybe going to full hand controls and eliminating pedals all the way would create foot room?

Its way out there so maybe not practical and just an idea.
That's a very interesting idea. I'm going to look into that

Reactions: ChadD
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!