Need more legroom in PK15

R

RLovgren

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2019
Albemarle NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2016 P-1000-5, am 6'4 with long legs but only size 14 shoes. I bought the Throttle Max and dare say of the several thousand $$$ in KOA'a (Keep on adding) for my Pioneer, the Throttle Max was the best investment. It allows your foot to remain flat on the floor, thus making the lack of leg room more comfortable.
Your "only size 14" aren't too much different than mine. If the T Max worked for you it just might work me. I really appreciate all the good ideas everyone is sending me

Jamal

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
That RZR seat bottom looks like it might work. Is it sitting on top of the oem seat or used In place of the oem seat?
My cushion was bad so I cut it off and bolted the RZR base onto the factory Honda base I didn't like it as I could no longer just slide into the seat it was nice having your butt planted after you where sitting in it, but the final straw was my five foot one inch wife didn't like sitting higher.
If you want it I will send it to you for the price of shipping which isn't going to be cheap because of it's size.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a new 2021 p1000 5. I am 6feet 4 inches tall, weigh 290 lbs and have size 17 shoes. While I can drive this thing I would feel a whole lot better and safer with more legroom. If anyone has any good ideas for modifications that can help me out I'd appreciate it. There are other SXS's out there with more legroom but I just couldn't bear to have my SXS powered by a rubber band. One way or the other I will solve this problem even if I have to go to a more drastic fabrication mod but I am hoping one of you in this group with a lot more experience than me will have a solution

Thanks,
Randy
Unfortunately you’re going to have to amputate to get more room. I wish they had more room as well. You could try bucket seats from a RZR or something like that, it might change the seating position enough to give you some relief.

R

RLovgren

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2019
Albemarle NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a new 2021 p1000 5. I am 6feet 4 inches tall, weigh 290 lbs and have size 17 shoes. While I can drive this thing I would feel a whole lot better and safer with more legroom. If anyone has any good ideas for modifications that can help me out I'd appreciate it. There are other SXS's out there with more legroom but I just couldn't bear to have my SXS powered by a rubber band. One way or the other I will solve this problem even if I have to go to a more drastic fabrication mod but I am hoping one of you in this group with a lot more experience than me will have a solution

Thanks,
Randy
I have come up with a solution to the legroom/footroom problem that I first posted a while back. I made some modifications to the brake and accelerator pedal and was able to pick up pretty near 2 inches +/- of additional room. See attached pics that show modified pedals alongside OEM stock pedals and installed modified pedals. I have tested them out and they give me more than enough room and no additional pedal effort on the brakes

2022 07 11 150843 2022 07 01 144644 2022 07 11 183921

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!