P1000 Need some shock measurements and setup info...

J

JTW

So, I’d like some full droop measurements between some of us with similar setups and those with diffent setups... Fox shocks, HL lift and SATV a-arms is what I’m running. Jack the rear of the machine up with both tires off the ground. Measure from the middle of the original shock hole (there’s a bolt there with the HL) to the center of the bottom shock eye. Also, anyone else with different setups from stock to just a HL, to HL and fox, 814 guys or shocks and no lift.. or any combo of setup really. I’m curious to see how our setups compare in regards to suspention droop... between my rear cv heat issues and rear axles a failures I’m curious if there’s not a correlation or contact issue. It just seems like something is up. Might be able to save a few axles for some of us.
@Ragnar406 @GlockMeister @nbomar @Windrock1000 @Plumber32 @Smitty335 @Dragon21 @Delton @ohanacreek @snuffnwhisky @joeymt33 @Kilo427 @Hondasxs

advertisement
J

JTW

JTW-HL lift, SATV A arms, Fox shocks... also since we’re talking setups.. SATV axles, 30” berserkers, front preload- 1.5” and 1.5” spacers .. rear- 3/4” preload and 2” spacers
Droop measurements- Front 19.5”Rear apx 20 3/4- 21”

Glock-SATV arms, HL kit, 2in spacers rear, 1in spacer front,fox shocks.30 in warthogs
Looks to be 20 3/4 full droop rear
And 20 front

Ragnar406-Highlifter lift, fox shocks,
Rear measurements from bottom shock bolt(middle) to top original shock hole (middle) at droop 21” at rest 19” preload on rear 0

Cuoutdoors- stock LE... 20”

Ohanacreek-SATV Front and Rear
1” Spacers on Front/ 2” on Rear
Fox Shocks (not Factory part numbers)
30” Evos
5/2 Wheels
Stock Axles, no binding
225lb springs front 2” Pre-load top of nut to shock body
275lb springs rear 3-7/16
Pre-load top of nut to shock body
20” Front and Rear

Joeymt33-CATVOS 2.5” forward arms in the front
SATV rear
Tires are 32 inch Terrabites
1.5 inch wheel spacers in the front and 2 inch wheel spacers in the rear.
Front lift for CATVOS is advertised as 3 inches but only measures just under 2 inches. Shock angle is custom to prevent bind but allow max droop. Lower shock mount is moved toward ball joint.
rear lift is a custom lower shock mount welded in place. It retains the stock shock angle but requires limit straps.
Front spring rate is 225#
Rear spring rate is 275#
Front ground clearance is 16 3/4 on the driver side and 16 1/2 on the passenger side measure from the ground to the lower a arm bolt.
Rear ground clearance is 17 1/2 inches on both sides measured from the ground to the lower a arm bolt.
The angle in degrees of the axle shafts on all four corners at static are:
LF- 15°
RF-14°
LR-17°
RR-20°
The angle in degrees of the axle shafts with wheels off the ground are:
LF-25°
RF-23°
LR-26°
RR-34°
I don’t have the stock mounting locations in the front to measure shock length but I can measure the rear suspension as I still have the original mounting locations in place.
Both sides are 20 3/4 inches limited by a limit strap. No CV binding in the front or the rear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

HL lift, SATV A arms, Fox shocks... also since we’re talking setups.. SATV axles, 30” berserkers, front preload- 1.5” and 1.5” spacers .. rear- 3/4” preload and 2” spacers

Droop measurements-

Front 19.5”
Rear apx 20 3/4- 21”

J

JTW

Adding some extras setup info for future reference when folks are looking..

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, I’d like some full droop measurements between some of us with similar setups and those with diffent setups... Fox shocks, HL lift and SATV a-arms is what I’m running. Jack the rear of the machine up with both tires off the ground. Measure from the middle of the original shock hole (there’s a bolt there with the HL) to the center of the bottom shock eye. Also, anyone else with different setups from stock to just a HL, to HL and fox, 814 guys or shocks and no lift.. or any combo of setup really. I’m curious to see how our setups compare in regards to suspention droop... between my rear cv heat issues and rear axles a failures I’m curious if there’s not a correlation or contact issue. It just seems like something is up. Might be able to save a few axles for some of us.
@Ragnar406 @GlockMeister @nbomar @Windrock1000 @Plumber32 @Smitty335 @Dragon21 @Delton @ohanacreek @snuffnwhisky @joeymt33 @Kilo427 @Hondasxs
Ill get ya one when i get home this afternoon.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can you post your set up (I know it but might be good for others) Lift/No lift @JTW What other info do you want?
Should I just post the sum of all 4 measurements? @JTW

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

advertisement
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok...
SATV arms, HL kit, 2in spacers rear, 1in spacer front,fox shocks.30 in warthogs
Looks to be 20 3/4 full droop rear
And 20 front

Last edited:
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you guys measuring bolt center to bolt center on the shock? @JTW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Are you guys measuring bolt center to bolt center on the shock? @JTW

Yes and no... the original upper shock bolt hole to the lower shock eye bolt... were are NOT measuring the shock

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Highlifter lift, fox shocks,
Rear measurements from bottom shock bolt(middle) to top original shock hole (middle) at droop 21” at rest 19”

Amount of preload on rear 0
74109049 27FE 4A02 B641 D682D414F94D

B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Glock - are you using stock axles? I recall seeing that stock axles won’t work with a HL lift and SATV arms (rear only maybe?).

I ask as I just bought the SATV rear arms to try and fix my camber problem, but thought they wouldn’t work with the lift and stock axles. Since they are supposed to provide some lift on their own, I’m considering pulling just the rear HL-lift off. Is that a stupid idea??

(Thanks to whoever it was that pointed out the SATV arms went up$75, but could still be had at the old price on Amazon!! I got a set at $299)

Sorry to thread jack!

Thanks!

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Glock - are you using stock axles? I recall seeing that stock axles won’t work with a HL lift and SATV arms (rear only maybe?).

I ask as I just bought the SATV rear arms to try and fix my camber problem, but thought they wouldn’t work with the lift and stock axles. Since they are supposed to provide some lift on their own, I’m considering pulling just the rear HL-lift off. Is that a stupid idea??

(Thanks to whoever it was that pointed out the SATV arms went up$75, but could still be had at the old price on Amazon!! I got a set at $299)

Sorry to thread jack!

Thanks!

The SATV A-arms don't provide any lift, just give you more clearance. It won't affect you adding them to your current setup.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Sorry to thread jack!

Thanks!

Yes on stock axles..like Rambo said you can add it to your current setup with no issues. There are a few considering pulling the lift..myself included

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Has anyone with the HL and stock axles spun the tires lifted up to feel for axle bind?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!