P500 Never ending quest for bags

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3748

I lost two backpacks I had hanging behind the seats when I installed the Tusk rear window panel. So I'm trying a new bag in the front. It's an ATV fender bag with two pockets. Each pocket has adjustable velcro straps. I think this will be a decent solution.

$18 at Amazon

Amazon.com: Kwik Tek ATVFB-B, ATV Fender Pack (Black): Sports & Outdoors

IMAG01003
IMAG01001
IMAG01002

IMAG01000

Reactions: Dp5hunter
D

Deleted member 3748

I have one of those for my trailer. :) I definitely need to find a smaller one for the 500.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
J

JTW

I slid a piece of flat bar stock behind each headrest and attached my bag like yours to that.. worked well!
Oh...
I attached it by placing a piece of rubber behind each end and wedging it in.. I then placed two 70lbs cup magnets on each end so it wouldn't scoot or vibrate out.

IMG 1446 IMG 1447

D

Deleted member 3748

I've never really used those nets until last October. I was surprised how well it worked.

Just make sure you get one with hooks that can be removed and placed in different locations so you can keep the net tight.
Removable hooks is a must or you'll never get it untangled!

Reactions: JTW and joeymt33
D

Deleted member 3748

I slid a piece of flat bar stock behind each headrest and attached my bag like yours to that.. worked well!
Oh...
I attached it by placing a piece of rubber behind each end and wedging it in.. I then placed two 70lbs cup magnets on each end so it wouldn't scoot or vibrate out.
I have a super strong magnet out of an industrial tool motor. It's a little dangerous if you're not ready for it. Is that what those 70 lb. cup magnets are like?

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

You could say that.. I made a mistake of playing with them to see how attracted they were to one another. I thought I was going to have to cut that wedge of finger off!! It literally jumped 8 inches out of my hand and firmly bit my finger!

IMG 1449 IMG 1448

D

Deleted member 3748

Then those should work just fine! I sometimes use mine to pick up nails or screws when I can't find them on the floor.

advertisement
hambone

hambone

Mar 14, 2015
Southeast Indiana
I lost two backpacks I had hanging behind the seats when I installed the Tusk rear window panel. So I'm trying a new bag in the front. It's an ATV fender bag with two pockets. Each pocket has adjustable velcro straps. I think this will be a decent solution.

$18 at Amazon

View attachment 27279
View attachment 27277
View attachment 27278

View attachment 27276

$18 at Amazon

View attachment 27279
View attachment 27277
View attachment 27278

View attachment 27276
I hung a bag like that in the center, you can maybe see in the pic

Honda

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I hung a bag like that in the center, you can maybe see in the pic

View attachment 27968
get the ATV tank bag.....
then bolt them to inside of doors
only bolt the top...so you can
tip um up..to spray or clean out
....I leave mine open...there deep
great storage...cheap...looks good
...try it

20150805 114641

Last edited:
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
get the ATV tank bag.....
then bolt them to inside of doors
only bolt the top...so you can
tip um up..to spray or clean out
....I leave mine open...there deep
great storage...cheap...looks good
...try it

View attachment 28015
I hung the same bags on my doors too, but with paracord. Also hung a saddlebag between the seats. Both work well.

Reactions: rocmar and JTW
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Just an FYI, I stole the net/hammock bag out of my wife's Milan, the one that stretches across the width of the trunk to put items in to prevent them from rolling around in the trunk, it stretches around the back of the cage pretty much perfectly and lets me throw stuff in it while driving if needed (Empty's or whatever.) A few carabiners and its on. Check local junk yards...

Photo20May201020122013204620PM

D

Deleted member 3748

Update: Still using the ATV fender bag in the middle of the seat. It's perfect. I also added a cooler which works like a console/armrest. I'll get some pics of the whole seat setup when I'm back home.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!