P500 New 2017 Pioneer 500

B

Buckem

Feb 14, 2017
Richwood, OH
Ownership

1. 500
Hey all, I just picked up my 2017 Honda Pioneer 500 last night. Dealer had STI HD3 14inch wheels and 27 inch I think are swamp light tires(forget long day) on sale so snatched those up too. Going to put them on tonight and get going. Prepared to take frame down a little if I need to. I called a million dealers and this dealership (Honda Toledo Powersports) was the only dealer to give me a decent price. Everyone else I called said "OH thats below my invoice price blah blah" and wouldn't even quote me a price. I drove an hour and a half to go grab it. Ended up out the door at $8309 on the machine alone. I thought that was fair. Already ordered a full windshield, silencer, and moose roof for it. I'm looking at either buying a golf cart bed and retrofitting it or making my own. Pretty stoked!! Also I have my OEM take offs for sale if anyone is interested. Maybe we can work something out Only drove up the trailer and into my garage with them so far. I live northwest ish of Columbus, OH and would be willing to drive and meet someone.

16602590 483760572011737 3754397810489896354 n

kenmo

kenmo

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2016
mayfield, ky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
welcome , nice ride you will love it. that is a good price too.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hey all, I just picked up my 2017 Honda Pioneer 500 last night. Dealer had STI HD3 14inch wheels and 27 inch I think are swamp light tires(forget long day) on sale so snatched those up too. Going to put them on tonight and get going. Prepared to take frame down a little if I need to. I called a million dealers and this dealership (Honda Toledo Powersports) was the only dealer to give me a decent price. Everyone else I called said "OH thats below my invoice price blah blah" and wouldn't even quote me a price. I drove an hour and a half to go grab it. Ended up out the door at $8309 on the machine alone. I thought that was fair. Already ordered a full windshield, silencer, and moose roof for it. I'm looking at either buying a golf cart bed and retrofitting it or making my own. Pretty stoked!! Also I have my OEM take offs for sale if anyone is interested. Maybe we can work something out Only drove up the trailer and into my garage with them so far. I live northwest ish of Columbus, OH and would be willing to drive and meet someone.

View attachment 34156
Welcome Buck, that's outstanding. Enjoy!

C

Chooglin

Congrats on the new p500

You've come to the right place if your going to be doing alot of mods!

I am also a Buckeye!

Reactions: Montecresto
D

Deleted member 3748

View attachment 34156
First of all, Columbus... Disgusting! Second... nice P500! The Moose roof will be my next roof if this soft top ever fails (don't think it will.) Why did you get a silencer? They're pretty quiet if you're not sitting in the cab.

Reactions: trigger
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Congrats on the new p500

You've come to the right place if your going to be doing alot of mods!

I am also a Buckeye!

First of all, Columbus... Disgusting! Second... nice P500! The Moose roof will be my next roof if this soft top ever fails (don't think it will.) Why did you get a silencer? They're pretty quiet if you're not sitting in the cab.

I notice your P5 is a nice shade of maize though. :)

Ohio, Michigan.... both disgusting! Lol

My apologies to the OP for this totally off topic post, but I could smell a big ten rivalry going on here and I had to represent my alma mater. ;)

WE ARE!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Buckem

Feb 14, 2017
Richwood, OH
Ownership

1. 500
You are? What's that? Marshall? :) I'll stay on topic hehehe we all know who owns the big ten so not worth arguing :). It is really quiet already. One of the reasons I picked it over the other brands. I hate really loud machines. I want to be able to creep up on wildlife and have a conversation. The Polaris ranger 570 is insanely loud. RING RA RA RA RA.... who wants that? I'm not racing it. Also my buddy has a Kawasaki Mule he made golf cart quiet. Also his top priority to make it run silent. If I can make mine quieter then his he would be so mad he'd probably go buy a honda :).

Another story.....was so irate last night. Counted down the seconds till I could get off work and put my new tires on and take it for a spin. Get home jack it up take off the OEMs and start to put the sweet wheels on. DEALER SOLD ME THE WRONG SIZE LUGNUTS!!!!!!! Scrambled to the local dealer and got the correct size 5 min before they closed. So got the new wheels mounted but still have only driven in 5 feet to my trailer then into my garage. I sat in it like a little kid in my garage and pretended like I was hauling through the woods. Pretty sure they wife though I was crazy....I didn't want to drive on the OEMs because I want to keep them pristine for selling.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3748

I like the idea of a silencer. It would be nice to talk to my wife during a ride. Bummer about the lug nuts. The story about your garage ride made me laugh though. :D

Reactions: Buckem
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You are? What's that? Marshall? :) I'll stay on topic hehehe we all know who owns the big ten so not worth arguing :). It is really quiet already. One of the reasons I picked it over the other brands. I hate really loud machines. I want to be able to creep up on wildlife and have a conversation. The Polaris ranger 570 is insanely loud. RING RA RA RA RA.... who wants that? I'm not racing it. Also my buddy has a Kawasaki Mule he made golf cart quiet. Also his top priority to make it run silent. If I can make mine quieter then his he would be so mad he'd probably go buy a honda :).

Another story.....was so irate last night. Counted down the seconds till I could get off work and put my new tires on and take it for a spin. Get home jack it up take off the OEMs and start to put the sweet wheels on. DEALER SOLD ME THE WRONG SIZE LUGNUTS!!!!!!! Scrambled to the local dealer and got the correct size 5 min before they closed. So got the new wheels mounted but still have only driven in 5 feet to my trailer then into my garage. I sat in it like a little kid in my garage and pretended like I was hauling through the woods. Pretty sure they wife though I was crazy....I didn't want to drive on the OEMs because I want to keep them pristine for selling.
That's very funny. Show us some pics, particularly when you get it on the trail.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
I'd like to know more about the silencer.

B

Buckem

Feb 14, 2017
Richwood, OH
Ownership

1. 500
I'll let you know if I can get it on and it works. I just read the changed the exhaust slightly on the 2017's so not sure if it's going to work or not. Online states for 2015-2016. Hoping I can rig it some how if completely different. All the research I've read about it it does not change much at idle but has good reviews overall. Biggest difference is during revving to take the pop out of the exhaust maybe 15% less can be expected. This person writing about it was using their cell phone to measure decibels. My buddy has the same brand but for is Kawasaki Mule and he's happy with it. He got into my head about quiet rides so that's where I got it from. He put sound deadening around his engine compartment, a silencer on, and some special foam(I can find out what kind) in his intake to quiet the whistle by his head. Currently his loudest noise is from tire noise and his machine runs as quiet as golf cart according to him. I haven't checked it out since his latest mods but I drove it before and it was pretty darn quiet already. He's an engineer so I am sure we can come up with something to get the Honda running good and quiet.

Amazon.com: Silent Rider (Benz) ATV Silencer BT-500 Honda Pioneer 500 (15-16): Automotive

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I hope somebody with a 700 will try this muffler.

B

Buckem

Feb 14, 2017
Richwood, OH
Ownership

1. 500
Got the new wheels and went for my first spin last night(no rubs!!! Tires are reptile radials not swamp lites). Wife and I had a blast. The trails in my woods were pretty bad with lost of trees and branches that need to be picked up so I ended up going off trail and making my own LOL. Nothing the honda couldn't handle even in 2WD. Can't wait for warmer weather!!!!! Put on the windshield after the pic too. I hope to do the silencer tonight.
Upload 2017 2 16 11 25 11

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I have the Kolpin silencer on my Honda Rancher and it is super quiet, I am thinking about putting one on my P500 as well. Was going to buy a Can Am Commander but it was so loud you needed hearing protection even when going slow.

Let me know how well it works on the P500 as after putting the aluminum golf cart bed on it is louder. Think I need to put a rubber mat in the bottom of it.

B

Buckem

Feb 14, 2017
Richwood, OH
Ownership

1. 500
Well only had time to do the roof last night. Did a quick fit test with the silencer and it seems like it's going to be perfect. Will update this weekend when I get it on and get some riding in.

B

Buckem

Feb 14, 2017
Richwood, OH
Ownership

1. 500
I have the Kolpin silencer on my Honda Rancher and it is super quiet, I am thinking about putting one on my P500 as well. Was going to buy a Can Am Commander but it was so loud you needed hearing protection even when going slow.

Let me know how well it works on the P500 as after putting the aluminum golf cart bed on it is louder. Think I need to put a rubber mat in the bottom of it.
Yea when I mount my bed I am going to do some rubber matting underneath. How did you mount the aluminum, I was thinking of going that route but I found the following and am thinking of just going with this because its easier and cheaper:
Club Car EZGO Yamaha Steel Cargo Utility "Box Only" Golf Cart | eBay

I do like this one though:
EZGO TXT Golf Cart Black Diamond Utility Cargo Box (A) | eBay

I am trying to contact the second company to see if they will build me one bigger, like 46 x 34 or so, first company said no

Last edited:
B

Buckem

Feb 14, 2017
Richwood, OH
Ownership

1. 500
Got the silencer on and took it for a spin. Definetly quieter but still not as quiet as I hoped. Does take some of the bite out of the exhaust. Probably about 10 to 15% install was stupid easy, should have put it on earlier slips in and 3 bolts. What do you guys think the next loudest component is ? Is the engine compartment under the hood or under the seat?

D

Deleted member 3748

Got the silencer on and took it for a spin. Definetly quieter but still not as quiet as I hoped. Does take some of the bite out of the exhaust. Probably about 10 to 15% install was stupid easy, should have put it on earlier slips in and 3 bolts. What do you guys think the next loudest component is ? Is the engine compartment under the hood or under the seat?
Many of us put automotive insulation under the seat because of the seat heat. The side effect is a quieter cab. I remove the insulation in the winter and enjoy the heat. :)

P500 - Cab Noise

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!