New 2022 Talon Cluster

F

fpesce

Dec 22, 2020
Hawley PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hey guys,

Has anyone tried to purchase the 2022 instrument cluster assembly and mount on the 2021 Honda Talon?

I priced out the complete setup minus the paddles and it was only $135.00 It looks like it all matches up however I am wondering if the electrical connection at the rear is different. The display is so much easier to read not only the black and white readout but the sunshade. I already own the dash relocation kit from one of the guys from this group, but the new dash is really nice on the 2022

Also, will the larger paddles bolt on?

TY

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm pretty sure @PaulF tried this too and said there are major electrical differences that can't reasonably be overcome between the old and new dash. Maybe you can use the new plastic parts with your old gauge cluster but I'm not sure the shape is even the same.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Also, will the larger paddles bolt on?

TY
I ordered them when they came out to try on my '21 and they've been on backorder ever since. New estimated ship date was 11/7 I believe. This was through RMATV, so they may be available somewhere else but I never cared that much to look. I haven't seen anybody else say they have tried them.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@CumminsPusher tried it. Didn’t work as “plug n play” so he didn’t do it. He will chime in with the details.
I'm pretty sure @PaulF tried this too and said there are major electrical differences that can't reasonably be overcome between the old and new dash. Maybe you can use the new plastic parts with your old gauge cluster but I'm not sure the shape is even the same.
☝️ ☝️☝️THIS AND THIS☝️☝️☝️

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Actually impossible to overcome without major changes to the entire computer and harness systems.

The new cluster uses Can Bus for communications to control most of the displays and the pre `22 does not provide enough/correct data over Can Bus for the cluster to work properly. I could only get the fuel gauge, tach, speedo and a couple warning lights to work. Everything else (including the new volt meter) was a no go.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Actually impossible to overcome without major changes to the entire computer and harness systems.

The new cluster uses Can Bus for communications to control most of the displays and the pre `22 does not provide enough/correct data over Can Bus for the cluster to work properly. I could only get the fuel gauge, tach, speedo and a couple warning lights to work. Everything else (including the new volt meter) was a no go.
And, it is not plug and play whatsoever. They changed the plug on the back of the cluster so you cant even try to plug it in. I had to cut and splice a `22 plug onto a pre `22 harness and tap into the Can Bus at the i4WD ECU to even see what it would do. Big waste of time.

F

fpesce

Dec 22, 2020
Hawley PA
Ownership

1. Talon X

Thank you for the feedback. PAul, Does the cluster case fit the 2021 cluster?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thank you for the feedback. PAul, Does the cluster case fit the 2021 cluster?
Yes. But like Adam said it’s back ordered forever. I think I ordered mine in February, still no go

• Sad
Reactions: CID
C

CVtalon

May 30, 2019
Central California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yes. But like Adam said it’s back ordered forever. I think I ordered mine in February, still no go
Did you end up getting the updated gauge pod to work with the older style gauge cluster? The 3-D printed one I have is pretty brittle/thin and starting to chip at the edges.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Did you end up getting the updated gauge pod to work with the older style gauge cluster? The 3-D printed one I have is pretty brittle/thin and starting to chip at the edges.
last post was 6months ago.
I dont think anyone has the new swapped for the old one. A new wiring harness re work to do it. Refer to post #8

Reactions: Smittyp
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I was referring to the new style mounting pod that holds the old style gauge cluster. Mine has already been relocated, but the 3-D printed part is starting to fail.
Yes, I have and it will fit fine

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Nice! Can you share a photo? Is there a new cover that’s needed for the steering column also or just the gauge pod?
I can this wkd, currently away from home for work. I have the upper pod pieces, waiting for the lower piece. I will share a pic of what I have so far. I'm also switching from a 3d printed version to OEM

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I was referring to the new style mounting pod that holds the old style gauge cluster. Mine has already been relocated, but the 3-D printed part is starting to fail.
Sorry I misunderstood your question.

Can you share a photo?
Not to be a downer, you havnt of your rig yet! ;)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes, I have and it will fit fine
Same here, haven’t installed yet. Machine hasn’t left bed of my truck yet, she’s always waiting for next ride. Soon but I won’t beat 906

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Same here, haven’t installed yet. Machine hasn’t left bed of my truck yet, she’s always waiting for next ride. Soon but I won’t beat 906
You might, mines in pieces strewn all over the Donkey barn at the moment.

I think @TerryH has done it as well, maybe he can share info

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!