P1000 New Buy!

meanmachine19

meanmachine19

May 1, 2020
Northern Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We finally made the plunge and although it wasn't the original one we wanted (2020 P1K5 Deluxe), we went for the one trim below. It's our first UTV and since we love our other Honda vehicles, this made the decision easy. We had the dealership add on the roof and glass windshield. Felt like I got a fair price ($17.5K OTD) and the family, especially my daughter, is super-excited. She has driven it more than I have.

Also had to buy a new trailer, so bought the 6x12 Karavan from Home Depot

I still am working out what 'musts' I need. A spare for sure, but in the interim, I bought a BETOOLL 67Pc Tire Repair Kit for Car, Motorcycle, ATV, Jeep, Truck, Tractor Flat Tire Puncture Repair [ Full Refund for Any Dissatisfaction ] from Amazon for $20.99. Also bought a PowRyte Works Dial Tire Inflator - 12-Volt Portable Auto Air Compressor with Precise Pressure Gauge for $16.59 so that I've got something with me.

I want to do the under seat storage that I saw in another thread - Custom Under seat storage - The Honda Side by Side Club! since I don't have the side panels on the back doors to do the mods that I've seen on a different thread.

A limited budget after this purchase and the trailer purchase will keep me in check, but the spare tire and a tire carrier will be the next 'big' must have. Recommendations I got from my first post were very helpfuls, so I will likely opt for the $140 hitch attachment. But, I absolutely love the one from Brick City Fab ( Honda P1K5 V2 Rack ) so maybe if I can sell my other (too small) utility trailer I'll get the one from there. At least I can drive there and pick up so no shipping costs!

As a newbie to this stuff, I welcome any feedback on 'must do' recommendations or mods that are inexpensive. I think I may eventually explore audio options (wireless bluetooth speakers? ).

Thanks for having such a great place to come and learn! Our UTV

hoghead76

hoghead76

Feb 7, 2018
oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We finally made the plunge and although it wasn't the original one we wanted (2020 P1K5 Deluxe), we went for the one trim below. It's our first UTV and since we love our other Honda vehicles, this made the decision easy. We had the dealership add on the roof and glass windshield. Felt like I got a fair price ($17.5K OTD) and the family, especially my daughter, is super-excited. She has driven it more than I have.

Also had to buy a new trailer, so bought the 6x12 Karavan from Home Depot

I still am working out what 'musts' I need. A spare for sure, but in the interim, I bought a BETOOLL 67Pc Tire Repair Kit for Car, Motorcycle, ATV, Jeep, Truck, Tractor Flat Tire Puncture Repair [ Full Refund for Any Dissatisfaction ] from Amazon for $20.99. Also bought a PowRyte Works Dial Tire Inflator - 12-Volt Portable Auto Air Compressor with Precise Pressure Gauge for $16.59 so that I've got something with me.

I want to do the under seat storage that I saw in another thread - Custom Under seat storage - The Honda Side by Side Club! since I don't have the side panels on the back doors to do the mods that I've seen on a different thread.

A limited budget after this purchase and the trailer purchase will keep me in check, but the spare tire and a tire carrier will be the next 'big' must have. Recommendations I got from my first post were very helpfuls, so I will likely opt for the $140 hitch attachment. But, I absolutely love the one from Brick City Fab ( Honda P1K5 V2 Rack ) so maybe if I can sell my other (too small) utility trailer I'll get the one from there. At least I can drive there and pick up so no shipping costs!

As a newbie to this stuff, I welcome any feedback on 'must do' recommendations or mods that are inexpensive. I think I may eventually explore audio options (wireless bluetooth speakers? ).

Thanks for having such a great place to come and learn!View attachment 202459
Welcome from Oklahoma
I would up grade the skid plate as a must do.as soon as you can,, the skid plate they have on them is a joke in my option.

B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just put the modquad 1/2" skid on my machine. Least inexpensive high quality skid I could find. Amazon had the best deal. Yes it also fits the 1000-5. Easy installation as well.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Welcome and congratulations. Always love seeing the family involved, that’s cool.
you did mention the side storage that @joeymt33 came up with, side panels are fairly cheap for these so don’t back away from that if you like it.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A Mean Machine sounds better than a Malodorous Machine and welcome

Reactions: ChadD
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
How are you liking your trailer? I just grabbed a 6x12 Karavan for $1,000 off for Black Friday deals. Says max payload is 2,088 on the 2023 model. Pretty sure it’ll fit my 1000-5 and my dirt bike just perfect.
That's going to be real close, put your gas cans and coolers in your truck.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!