P1000 New door hinges

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
FYI the 1000 hinge bushings from @RB3offroad work great on a 16 700's doors. Very easy to install. Hardest part of the whole job was pushing the metal hinge pins out. 30 minute job with my 4 yr old helping me. You do have to remove the hinges from the sxs to replace the bushings.
20171213 182746
I wish I could post short video clips on here so I could show your the difference from old to new. No more door rattle from a loose floppy door hinges!!!!!
20171213 185107
I fixed my old bushings too. :)

J

justindiiorio

Nov 5, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I replaced the hinges on my 2016 P1k-5. Honestly I cannot tell a difference they still rattle ALOT. I recored videos before and after the hinges and you cannot tell a difference. I am not bashing the product it is very high quality but I just don't hear any difference between the new bushings and the factory bushings.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I replaced the hinges on my 2016 P1k-5. Honestly I cannot tell a difference they still rattle ALOT. I recored videos before and after the hinges and you cannot tell a difference. I am not bashing the product it is very high quality but I just don't hear any difference between the new bushings and the factory bushings.
Black tape the latch and adjust the rubber bump stops out...should cure your rattles

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
My driver door had around an inch of play (1/2" both ways) in the upper hinge. It rattled at idle. Going to have to order a set for the rears before the Take Over in april.

Reactions: pct and RB3offroad
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you adjust the hinges and latches?

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You should adjust the latches on your pioneer. You can loosen the two bolts and move them up or down. And the rubber stops twist in and out. If you do this as well it should help. The bushing snug up the door so it doesn't rock freely up and down. But you should notice a difference after you fine tune it all.

Reactions: pct and Ragnar406
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When you put the new bushings in to the hinges were they loose between the brackets? You might have bent your brackets out. To can tap them closer together the bushing are made to be snug on the bracket. Let me know if you have more issues I want to help you get rid of the rattle

J

justindiiorio

Nov 5, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the information. No I did not know you could adjust the latches. I will try to do that and adjust the rubber stops. Will let you know if this helps. Thanks again.

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey @justindiiorio have you had a chance to adjust everything, I am posting a video this week on door bushings and adjustments.

Reactions: Landman
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Here is a link on how to replace rb3offroad.com replacement door bushings. I will be making another video soon on all the adjustment points on your pioneer to help reduce rattle and align everything. Please subscribe to our page so you will get updates and new videos.

Reactions: pct and Landman
Locohonda

Locohonda

Nov 6, 2017
Northern Va
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This looks like a great product, hopefully your company can engineer some weather stripping to seal the doors

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you very much! We put a lot of time and effort into making sure everyone is happy and nothing is left unanswered!

Reactions: pct
my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
Thank you very much! We put a lot of time and effort into making sure everyone is happy and nothing is left unanswered!
Can you answer my question? I installed the 1" spacers you sell and the lugnuts stick out further than the spacer. My wheels are flat on the back and this won't work. Do you have shorter lugnuts that will work?

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got mine over a year ago they where made by slasher products they did the same I just ground down the nuts it wasn't that much to take off my guess would be due to 1" of spacer and the height of the nut to have a strong spacer the nut will stick out some

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good morning @my99svt, I would be happy to try and help you! I am looking for a shorter lug length for you. The stock rims have a clearance spot behind the lugs so they don't interfere. How Close are your from being flat about 1/8"? If I cant find any I could always Turn them down for you.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good morning @my99svt, I would be happy to try and help you! I am looking for a shorter lug length for you. The stock rims have a clearance spot behind the lugs so they don't interfere. How Close are your from being flat about 1/8"? If I cant find any I could always Turn them down for you.
@RB3offroad I am in the same spot as well as I have new wheels on order in hopes of installing at end of week. I think about 1/8th is right but I am not in front of my rig now

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would suggest heading to a close Honda Automotive dealer, or favourite parts store and see what they have on hand. Bring a spacer with you.

Dorman Products - 9-100011.1
This might be a little too long, but should be easily shortened.

Edit:
Found this!
Dorman Products - 98995.1
16 of these should work without issue.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I forgot to mention I have sti wheels which are flat on the mounting side and I never looked when I put on my spacers just bolted everything up and went for a ride and never looked back over a 1000 mines I first saw it when I was putting the factory wheels back on and saw where the studs made a small mark on my rim so I ground a little off

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!