New Ford 1/2 ton trucks

J

JTW

You said a 3/4 ton not a 1/2 ton. If you don't trade every 2 or 3 years depreciation doesn't apply, maybe that is why Ford sells more trucks, trading them in to keep a good one or one under warranty. Glad you are a Ford fan boy, hope the new one serves you well.Besides if your Ford is all that why did you have to rent a truck? My Ram would have made it out there fine. Looks to me like you were averaging 7 mpg.
A 3/4 ton should pull better than a 1/2 ton... no question! So, if the ram 3/4 has doesn’t have the s*** then neither will the 1/2 ton, it will only do worse. I’ve owned all 3 of the big three. So no fan boy here... just an honest opinion based on actual experience. Lmao, depreciation applies regardless of how long you keep it. This variation of the F150 is all around the best of the bunch. The new one will be even better for my needs, given the changes I’ve made. If the dodge had been the better tool for the job i need it to do, then I would have bought it. And we didn’t rent a truck... it was one of the guys that went on the trip. Obviously, we made it there and back, but we also stopped every 200 miles for gas by necessity and pulled the guts out of it every mile of the way. You can defend your purchase all you want. It’s your money and you do with it as you please. I don’t give a f***... but you asked a question and were politely responded to, then you went to spewing your ignorance. I don’t give a f*** what you prefer... this isn’t a thread about your opinions, they’re clearly based on “fan boyisim”. It’s about 1/2 ton F150’s. Of which you have zero experience owning and driving.. so you’re just running your suck. And the 7mpg in the picture is the average from Arkansas to Denver... the 2mpg from Denver to Moab and then to Marysvale dropped the average mpg to 5 by the trips end. I trade because it keeps the most money in my pocket. My truck is a tool.. it’s my office, farm rig, cross country travel vehicle and grocery getter. Is it the best truck out there for any situation. No. But it fits the needs of what I want and need better than the other options. That doesn’t make me a fan boy, it makes me rational and practical.

Literally, the only fan boy here is you!

J

JTW

Why do the Rams have 76,000 to over 100,000 miles? Are you comparing apples and oranges again. You ordered a new Ford and already have stuff to put on it? It doesn't come equipped already? You truly are a Ford fan boy!
Because that’s a fairly close apples to apples comparison of my current F150 mileage (90+k) and the value of my trade ($32k).

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You show your ignorance of a 1/2 verses 3/4 ton when you say a 3/4 ton should pull better. The same power plant in a 1/2 ton will outpull the 3/4 ton strictly because of less weight. I never have owned a Ford but I worked at a Ford dealer for many years, always on trucks. I hope you like your v-6 and you really are as obnoxious as people say. You opened your suck and proved it.

J

JTW

You show your ignorance of a 1/2 verses 3/4 ton when you say a 3/4 ton should pull better. The same power plant in a 1/2 ton will outpull the 3/4 ton strictly because of less weight. I never have owned a Ford but I worked at a Ford dealer for many years, always on trucks. I hope you like your v-6 and you really are as obnoxious as people say. You opened your suck and proved it.
Yes.. that’s why 3/4 and 1 ton trucks are made... because they don’t pull better than 1/2 ton trucks. And I’m sure that’s why the 6.4 hemi is in the 3/4 vs the 5.7 in the 1/2, because it doesn’t pull better. Yep, makes PERFECT sense!

Lol.. Yes, I’m very obnoxious to the delicate ears ears of the ignorant, uninformed, haters that have to reuse my quips, because they’re incapable formulating a decent jab on their own.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You show your lack of vocabulary skills or your temper when you have to cuss to convey a message. I hope one day you will mature enough to be able to communicate without the cussing and saying penis all the time. All that cuteness went away with me a long time ago. So now you are comparing a 6.4 Hemi to a 5.7? You really are confused. Enjoy your Ford, fanboy.

J

JTW

You show your lack of vocabulary skills or your temper when you have to cuss to convey a message. I hope one day you will mature enough to be able to communicate without the cussing and saying penis all the time. All that cuteness went away with me a long time ago. So now you are comparing a 6.4 Hemi to a 5.7? You really are confused. Enjoy your Ford, fanboy.
My lack of vocabulary skills or temper... yeah, that doesn’t mean what you think it means. But you are correct. I’m not mad at all... I just think you’re a hypocrite and ignorant. I’ve done pretty well not cussing you or attacking you. You continue to call me a fan boy when your user name is literally Mopar!! I’ve owned a ram, F150 and Silverado.. my wife currently drives a Yukon. They were all fine for my needs at the time. However, the eb won me over. It’s a beast.. plain and simple! But you’re ignorance to acknowledge what you don’t know or understand, is truly astonishing. This thread isn’t about your opinion... no one cares! You like mopar.. great! So do I! But unlike you, I actual have a clue about what I’m talking about and not just basing my opinion on a name badge! I’ve actually driven them, pulled with them and know what what they can and cannot do. You started this s*** show.. and I’ve yet to see you post one reason as to how it why your beloved ram outperforms a max tow F150! That’s because it doesn’t! They’re initially cheaper (I’ve shown how that's irrelevant) , they are well equipped for the money (yes they are, no argument there), and they sound better with a v8 (this is very true and you’ve never once mentioned it). To say you like dodge because you worked on fords all your life... well, that happens when you work at a ford dealership. If this is the best you’ve got, then why are you even speaking?

And for the love of god.. follow along. You’re reading comprehension is truly frustrating!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, good for you... but this is exactly why I didn’t choose a ram. This was a 3/4 gas Ram on our Moab trip last year. It was a f***ing turd! It was a shiney and pretty turd but wasn’t worth a s*** for pulling! And that was a 3/4 ton!! We ended up with an average fuel economy around 5mpg. Not to mention, it simply lacked the guts to pull in the mountains. It was f***ing terrible! You can say what you want and fan boy all you like.. but the ram just doesn’t compare when hooked to a load!

View attachment 118365
To be fair ya gotta pull the same load with the f150. I see the avg is 7. Not terrible . No way your getting 10 pulling the same load/wind/hills any better in any gas truck milage wise.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
To be fair ya gotta pull the same load with the f150. I see the avg is 7. Not terrible . No way your getting 10 pulling the same load/wind/hills any better in any gas truck milage wise.
Keep reading. That was only one leg of the journey.

advertisement
J

JTW

I agree.. but that was just to Denver from Arkansas.. it went down after that leg from Denver to Moab and then to Marysvale and back. I’m not saying the F150 with the same load will do any better with the same load. But it won’t do any worse! Lol.. I donsuspect it would do a little better than that though. My thing is, if it’s going to suck fuel either way, then you should at least have the guts to run. The 6.4 just didn’t do it. So, my thinking is, I can add a $300 set of bags and make up for the suspension when pulling but still retain the ride when not, by letting the air down. The motor will pull it but the weak link in the 1/2 ton is the suspension.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree.. but that was just to Denver from Arkansas.. it went down after that leg from Denver to Moab and then to Marysvale and back. I’m not saying the F150 with the same load will do any better with the same load. But it won’t do any worse! Lol.. I donsuspect it would do a little better than that though. My thing is, if it’s going to suck fuel either way, then you should at least have the guts to run. The 6.4 just didn’t do it. So, my thinking is, I can add a $300 set of bags and make up for the suspension when pulling but still retain the ride when not, by letting the air down. The motor will pull it but the weak link in the 1/2 ton is the suspension.
I did see they put an 8 speed in the gas 2500s for 19. My 16 mega cab was really lazy to shift. Especially compared to my 1500 I had with the same motor. But to be fair my 6.0 Chevy was gutless. But now I've a Cummins. Pulling at 74 is similar to flying. Just a pleasant hum and no drama. I would like to know how the 1500 diesels are

Reactions: Tigermark and JTW
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know someone who has but Im not dragging him into this...
An enclosed with 2 pioneers and all the gear? Heck don don't get that with a goose neck. And dirtymax. Granted it's a lot of weight. But no matter what I've towed. It comes down to wind drag.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Here’s a pic of my mileage at some point this week. It settles at 8.8 when running 72-74. It’s been over 10 on the short runs to the rides this week due to the lower speeds.

3bf129a63a2819ddf0890765d37b643d

Not bad mileage for a lifted truck on 34” 10 ply tires. I’m loaded in the bed with luggage and three coolers. 4 people in the cab. The trailer has gas cans, axles, tires, etc. plus the trailer is 8.5’ wide and 9.5’ tall. Trailer base weight is 3000lbs before I added the large optima battery, winch, E-track, and spare tire.

A52f14d0a693333fd4ec4a45f11e1ac2

09ac5d87c738c9d7f81e449b5a3f90aa

On the interstate it’s constantly under boost, usually around 6-8psi. Coolant stays at 210-216 and trans temp hasn’t crossed 200 yet. When I need to pass something, I can get to 90 PDQ considering the load.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My red one 58k sticker and the new one on order 61k... both are right at 50k out the door after rebates and A plan. Too much f***ing money! But my trade in value offsets the hurt.
50 for a 1500? My Cummins was 52 after rebates. Has everything but leather which I don't want. You on crack boy.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here’s a pic of my mileage at some point this week. It settles at 8.8 when running 72-74. It’s been over 10 on the short runs to the rides this week due to the lower speeds.

View attachment 118439

Not bad mileage for a lifted truck on 34” 10 ply tires. I’m loaded in the bed with luggage and three coolers. 4 people in the cab. The trailer has gas cans, axles, tires, etc. plus the trailer is 8.5’ wide and 9.5’ tall. Trailer base weight is 3000lbs before I added the large optima battery, winch, E-track, and spare tire.

View attachment 118440

View attachment 118441

On the interstate it’s constantly under boost, usually around 6-8psi. Coolant stays at 210-216 and trans temp hasn’t crossed 200 yet. When I need to pass something, I can get to 90 PDQ considering the load.
That's pretty good. I'd get 12-13 with the same load. But consider the price difference in fuel it's a wash. The difference will be between engine brake and heavy suspension. Which is only useful pulling.

Reactions: joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's pretty good. I'd get 12-13 with the same load. But consider the price difference in fuel it's a wash. The difference will be between engine brake and heavy suspension. Which is only useful pulling.

I’d be curious to see. Another guy at work with a powerstroke gets low 9’s.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!