sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I purchased front shocks and put them on last night. BUT, I forgot to measure my height before taking the stock shocks off. I am running 27 x 9 x 14 Roctane XDs up front.

Any thoughts on height from ground to skid plate?

Reactions: Smitty335 and sharp
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
We could start a poll.

Reactions: Mudwing
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So I purchased front shocks and put them on last night. BUT, I forgot to measure my height before taking the stock shocks off. I am running 27 x 9 x 14 Roctane XDs up front.

Any thoughts on height from ground to skid plate?
With EFX stock size tires, Back 11 3/4, Front 12 3/4, with Elka's

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can anybody comment on the difference the rear shocks make? I hate to lose the self leveling ability.
That's my concern. If I did fox shocks I'd probably just do the fronts.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can anybody comment on the difference the rear shocks make? I hate to lose the self leveling ability.

The pros. The ride is much smoother. Much more in control. The cons. I’ve been less than impressed with the load carrying capacity. Ive adjusted the preload several times now and will be adjusting it more in the near future. With 2 adults in the back it’s on the bump stops so bad it rubs... a lot! I have a small amount of firewood in the back right now for this weekend and it’s almost rubbing. Those self leveling shocks are nice if you haul much at all... if you don’t, the fox or elka rears are amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

The pros. The ride is much smoother. Much more in control. The cons. I’ve been less than impressed with the load carrying capacity. Ive adjusted the preload several times now and will be adjusting it more in the near future. With 2 adults in the back it’s on the bump stops so bad it rubs... a lot! I have a small amount of firewood in the back right now for this weekend and it’s almost rubbing. Those self leveling shocks are nice if you haul much at all... if you don’t, the fox or elka rears are amazing!

I carry a lot of s*** with me... it concerns me a little.

AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I have the Fox fronts and love them. Was almost ready to get the rears but your post is exactly what I was wondering. I need the weight capacity in the bed. I'll stick with the stock load levelers. Thanks for the info!!!

Last edited:
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I carry a lot of s*** with me... it concerns me a little.
I've loaded mine up full of firewood and was just fine. I'll know more after this weekend with the bed extender but the fox is just a click of a switch to stiffen them.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That only changes the dampening. It doesn’t change the ride height.

I have the Fox in the back and I don't think my back is lower - granted I have not ahd it maxed out - I do switch to Firm when towing anything and it seems to do fine.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am at 12" front and rear after just a trip around the house.

Going out tomorrow with 4 adults and will see how they feel!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am at 12" front and rear after just a trip around the house.

Going out tomorrow with 4 adults and will see how they feel!
I started out trying all three setting but have ended up using med unless I am towing - then I put the rears in firm. I have intended to go to an area where I can go over the same trail(s) in all three to see the difference in different type terrain

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another thing is I have thought about putting the shocks on firm when on the trailer tied down - don't know at all if that makes a difference but might get less movement ?

Reactions: Windrock1000
sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So the ride today was great! The shocks are well worth the money for the front. Softens it up some. They soak up the rocks and bumps well. Always felt in control. So glad I have these and especially for Sept

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!