P1000 New Fox shocks on, but . . .

M

mcho

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2016
NW Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Another thing is I have thought about putting the shocks on firm when on the trailer tied down - don't know at all if that makes a difference but might get less movement ?

Putting the shocks on firm will help. This is said after 3K miles of testing. Mark

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So the ride today was great! The shocks are well worth the money for the front. Softens it up some. They soak up the rocks and bumps well. Always felt in control. So glad I have these and especially for Sept
Yea the stockers are pretty worthless , glad you like your Fox's.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The pros. The ride is much smoother. Much more in control. The cons. I’ve been less than impressed with the load carrying capacity. Ive adjusted the preload several times now and will be adjusting it more in the near future. With 2 adults in the back it’s on the bump stops so bad it rubs... a lot! I have a small amount of firewood in the back right now for this weekend and it’s almost rubbing. Those self leveling shocks are nice if you haul much at all... if you don’t, the fox or elka rears are amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How much weight did you tell Elka you hauled consistently in the back?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
10 minutes of talking to sugar and I'm ordering Foxes. Lol
Got you beat, big time! Asked my wife where the check book was, and told her I was really going to do do something stupid, came back with a a P1-5, she thought it was stupid. Big time! She got over it and now uses it around the house more than I do, HA! Don't ask for the check book anymore!

zumper

zumper

Apr 4, 2016
Minden NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
babbitts sells the 2017 Pioneer front shocks for, last I checked, about $360 each. Are these the foxes you guys are talking about?
Is there a consensus in the group as to who has the best price for the new front Fox shocks?
Thanks, guys.
Chuck

J

JTW

babbitts sells the 2017 Pioneer front shocks for, last I checked, about $360 each. Are these the foxes you guys are talking about?
Is there a consensus in the group as to who has the best price for the new front Fox shocks?
Thanks, guys.
Chuck
There is a dealer on Facebook selling them for $650 a pair shipped

Reactions: sugarray
sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, we're talking about the Fox QS3 shocks. Front only for $650 a pair shipped. Received mine in <1 weeks. They are well worth the cost. Ride is so much improved.

J

JTW

Which Dealer? You guys cost me too much money
IMG 4929

Reactions: misterkit
zumper

zumper

Apr 4, 2016
Minden NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, we're talking about the Fox QS3 shocks. Front only for $650 a pair shipped. Received mine in <1 weeks. They are well worth the cost. Ride is so much improved.
This is the shock upgrade on the 2017 Pioneer, or aftermarket shock? Do you know the part number?
Thank you.

J

JTW

This is the shock upgrade on the 2017 Pioneer, or aftermarket shock? Do you know the part number?
Thank you.
Yes... and no!
This is the upgraded shocks on the P1000 Limited Edition (LE the one with the i4wd system).. It comes with the fox QS3 shocks... the standard and deluxe models still have factory shocks that are only ok at best.. The foxes are a big upgrade as they're piggyback shocks with adjustable dampening.

2017 Honda Pioneer 1000 & 1000-5 FOX Shocks Prices Released! (2016 model fitment too)

Reactions: sugarray
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yes... and no!
This is the upgraded shocks on the P1000 Limited Edition (LE the one with the i4wd system).. It comes with the fox QS3 shocks... the standard and deluxe models still have factory shocks that are only ok at best.. The foxes are a big upgrade as they're piggyback shocks with adjustable dampening.

2017 Honda Pioneer 1000 & 1000-5 FOX Shocks Prices Released! (2016 model fitment too)
Crap that's a nice way to say the standard and deluxe shock are ok, they are CRAP! Honda should be embarrassed to send them out and that goes for the shocks on the P7's as well. Honda??????????????????????????

J

JTW

Crap that's a nice way to say the standard and deluxe shock are ok, they are CRAP! Honda should be embarrassed to send them out and that goes for the shocks on the P7's as well. Honda??????????????????????????
I haven't gotten mine on yet to know what I've been missing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!