P1000m5 New Member From Western Wyoming

J

Jerryy

Nov 15, 2016
Freedom, Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello from Freedom, WY. I just purchased (and should pick up this week) a new 2016 Pioneer 1000-5. I am replacing a Polaris Ranger RZR 800 which I have owned and enjoyed for the past five years. Contrary to the "bashing" of Polaris products, mine has performed flawlessly and the only reason I am replacing it is the ability of the Honda to travel slowly (under control) on downhill slopes. I had the dealer add a windshield, roof and bed extender. I have ordered a-arm guards, and when KFI finishes the design for their multi-mount kit, I will add a winch. I certainly welcome any suggestions for additional "necessary" options. I have been a fan of Honda equipment (generators, snowblowers, autos) for many years. Yes, you pay more for a Honda but you get what you pay for. Thanks for adding me to the club.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome aboard! Great forum with a lot of good people and information... I love WY, one of my favorite states!

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club from SE Mo. These are great machines! Mine impresses more all the time.Make sure to post some pics when ya get er.

Reactions: Tigermark
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hello from Freedom, WY. I just purchased (and should pick up this week) a new 2016 Pioneer 1000-5. I am replacing a Polaris Ranger RZR 800 which I have owned and enjoyed for the past five years. Contrary to the "bashing" of Polaris products, mine has performed flawlessly and the only reason I am replacing it is the ability of the Honda to travel slowly (under control) on downhill slopes. I had the dealer add a windshield, roof and bed extender. I have ordered a-arm guards, and when KFI finishes the design for their multi-mount kit, I will add a winch. I certainly welcome any suggestions for additional "necessary" options. I have been a fan of Honda equipment (generators, snowblowers, autos) for many years. Yes, you pay more for a Honda but you get what you pay for. Thanks for adding me to the club.

Plan on modifying the air intake. Even if you don't plan on riding in the water. I'll find some links to some idea in a few minutes. It's so cheap and it's great insurance just to go ahead and do it. Might as well snorkel the diffs, sub trans, and fuel tank while you're there.

When summer gets here, you will probably be looking to add some kind of fan to blow away the heat or some insulation under the seat.

Hang around for a while and you may find some other things you just can't live without.

One other note, The transmission will get a lot quieter and smoother after that first oil change. A lot of people have switched over to synthetic oil and noticed much quieter operation. Also, some people are using 75–140 oil in the differentials which helps reduce the gear noise.

Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Wisconsin.
Big fan of your state, spent 2 weeks out there this fall in the Wind River Range.
No doubt you've already noticed there is a ton of knowledge and great ideas on this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club Jerry!

advertisement
J

Jerryy

Nov 15, 2016
Freedom, Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Plan on modifying the air intake. Even if you don't plan on riding in the water. I'll find some links to some idea in a few minutes. It's so cheap and it's great insurance just to go ahead and do it. Might as well snorkel the diffs, sub trans, and fuel tank while you're there.

When summer gets here, you will probably be looking to add some kind of fan to blow away the heat or some insulation under the seat.

Hang around for a while and you may find some other things you just can't live without.

One other note, The transmission will get a lot quieter and smoother after that first oil change. A lot of people have switched over to synthetic oil and noticed much quieter operation. Also, some people are using 75–140 oil in the differentials which helps reduce the gear noise.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like the right thing to do.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Welcome to this forum Jerryy! I know you'll enjoy your new Honda. Like you I am the owner of a Polaris Ranger that has performed flawlessly the 8 years I've had it. But keep that kinda on the down low around here so you don't catch heat. :) Love where you're coming from, the Green River, Jackson Hole, the great Yellowstone of course!!!

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Alaska! Always nice to see new members. Snorkeling and extending the breather lines is something you definitely want to do. There's tons of information here on doing it, and many different types depending on what you want.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!