P1000 New recall!?

Trueblood85

Trueblood85

Feb 26, 2019
East NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Went by the dealership today to pick up a few parts and was told I need to bring my machine in for a throttle issue recall. They had not been told what the solution would be or how long it would take to get straightened out. I've only had this rig a month and I'll be dag on if I'm taking it back for a unknown amount of time with nothing to ride. Has anyone else heard of this or know what the fix is???? Supposedly the throttle stuck on a unit due to corrosion and they're covering they're tails for now I guess.

Reactions: sharp
H

HondaTech

We got the released bulletin today, they do have a temporary fix until the parts are available. But honestly I wouldn't worry about doing that, just wait till parts get out there.

They are replacing the pedal assembly as a whole with the final parts release.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We got the released bulletin today, they do have a temporary fix until the parts are available. But honestly I wouldn't worry about doing that, just wait till parts get out there.

Is this something we can lubricate in the mean time??

C

ctark

Mar 10, 2019
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Is the stop sale in effect? My dealer is pretty much keeping me in the dark now. I'm considering showing up to the dealership with paperwork in hand and demanding i take my machine home. If they refuse and I call the police I'm pretty sure I'll be leaving the dealership with my machine. I'm really annoyed that I'm going to be making a payment on a machine i do not have in my possession.

Trueblood85

Trueblood85

Feb 26, 2019
East NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Thanks for the info, that's basically what the tech at dealership told me on the side which sounded a lot better than turning my new machine back in.

H

HondaTech

Is the stop sale in effect? My dealer is pretty much keeping me in the dark now. I'm considering showing up to the dealership with paperwork in hand and demanding i take my machine home. If they refuse and I call the police I'm pretty sure I'll be leaving the dealership with my machine. I'm really annoyed that I'm going to be making a payment on a machine i do not have in my possession.

You've signed already and they didnt register before the stop sale correct? I think I remember replying your question before.

Your situation is touchy since the dealer doesnt want to admit to Honda they wait to register your unit. I'll need to take a look at the bulletin, they do have a temporary repair available but I dont think we can apply to new inventory. It's only applicable to customer units.

Honestly, its the dealers fault you cant get your machine. Youd have better luck calling Honda about the situation. But then that might piss off the dealer, since Honda would know they held back on the registration.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You've signed already and they didnt register before the stop sale correct? I think I remember replying your question before.

Your situation is touchy since the dealer doesnt want to admit to Honda they wait to register your unit. I'll need to take a look at the bulletin, they do have a temporary repair available but I dont think we can apply to new inventory. It's only applicable to customer units.

Honestly, its the dealers fault you cant get your machine. Youd have better luck calling Honda about the situation. But then that might piss off the dealer, since Honda would know they held back on the registration.
That would be a tough situation, especially if he finances thru Honda Financial.
I'd call Honda corporate, then Honda Financial (if that is who holds the note) and ask why a purchase before the stop sale isn't being released to you, or why a payment is due on a vehicle you didn't take possession of.

H

HondaTech

That would be a tough situation, especially if he finances thru Honda Financial.
I'd call Honda corporate, then Honda Financial (if that is who holds the note) and ask why a purchase before the stop sale isn't being released to you, or why a payment is due on a vehicle you didn't take possession of.

The dealership created a pickle for themselves. Whenever a unit is sold they have to warranty register it, most of the time it's done the same day, if not then 1st thing the next.

When a unit is registered with an active recall, the dealer gets a recall violation. So many of those and they can pull your license. That's what the stop sale is for, to keep effected units from entering the stream of customer units and catching them before they hit the road.

By waiting to register it, they took the risk and got bit, but Honda doesnt know they sold it yet and if they say they did now, then theyll get in trouble

C

ctark

Mar 10, 2019
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The dealership created a pickle for themselves. Whenever a unit is sold they have to warranty register it, most of the time it's done the same day, if not then 1st thing the next.

When a unit is registered with an active recall, the dealer gets a recall violation. So many of those and they can pull your license. That's what the stop sale is for, to keep effected units from entering the stream of customer units and catching them before they hit the road.

By waiting to register it, they took the risk and got bit, but Honda doesnt know they sold it yet and if they say they did now, then theyll get in trouble

I believe i misunderstood when they were talking about registration. Looks like they might mean vehicle registration. Here is what they said to me 4 days ago.

Still doesn't make sense since I have the paperwork to get the title and register the vehicle. I talked to the general manager today and he's going to talk to his honda rep about possible options. I explained that all the paperwork shows the sale happened on the 9th, a full 2 days before the stop sale.I told them my first payment is due soon and I need to get some sort of resolution before then. I don't want to locked into buying this machine because things happen and 4 to 8 weeks easily become 12 to 16 weeks. I feel its reasonable not wanting to pay for something you don't physically have and he agree'd.

C

ctark

Mar 10, 2019
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I made the argument that since the sale happened before the stop sale, I don't think it falls under their inventory anymore. I could be totally wrong on that but he thought it was a fair point and said he'd bring that up with Honda.

It is not through honda financial. But I did tell them I would be calling my bank and telling them I will not be paying anything until the vehicle is released to me.

advertisement
H

HondaTech

I made the argument that since the sale happened before the stop sale, I don't think it falls under their inventory anymore. I could be totally wrong on that but he thought it was a fair point and said he'd bring that up with Honda.

By register, I mean registering the sale with Honda to start the warranty and so Honda can know they should expect payment for the invoice on the unit. Also so the dealers inventory reflects that unit sold and they dont get charged for flooring on it the next month. We have a cutoff every month that units must be registered by so you can remove it from the flooring plan and recieve any incentives from that month.

It is not through honda financial. But I did tell them I would be calling my bank and telling them I will not be paying anything until the vehicle is released to me.

Until they register it, Honda considers it in their inventory. So registering now would get them in trouble for the recall after the fact. But calling Honda and trying to explain the situation would make them look like they were trying to hold the registration back for payment purposes.

You would've in a better situation with Honda Finance, since then they would have record of the deal being funded through them before the stop sale.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Until they register it, Honda considers it in their inventory. So registering now would get them in trouble for the recall after the fact. But calling Honda and trying to explain the situation would make them look like they were trying to hold the registration back for payment purposes.

You would've in a better situation with Honda Finance, since then they would have record of the deal being funded through them before the stop sale.
Hmmmmm, good point, and a bummer......

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Call the bank manager that financed it first thing Monday morning. Explain what has happened. If the check has been cashed, I am betting the bank will want your first payment. They may not have any pull with the dealer to release the machine, but they could possibly think twice about dealing with the dealer in the future.
Definitely leverage your willingness to call Honda corporate to rat out the dealer.
I trust @HondaTech and his opinion, if calling corporate could have negative effects on the dealer, they may play ball a bit.
Have everything written out.
Date of sale, date you delivered check, date check was deposited etc.
If you don't want to call Honda, their online contact us worked great for me. Then everything from you is in writing. I received a call from a case manager within 24 hours of hitting submit on their form.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
C

ctark

Mar 10, 2019
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5

We initially applied for a loan with Honda Finance, but when I saw how much interest they wanted to charge I decided to give my bank a call and we got a considerably better rate. My bank will probably work with me and at least push the date back on my first payment. I'm going to give the General Manager till end of business Tuesday to see what he can do. Thanks for all the info!

C

ctark

Mar 10, 2019
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I took delivery today. They called their Honda rep and they instructed them to inspect the throttle and release it to me. Had surgery today so I didn't really get a chance to do much with it. Me and the wife went putting around the neighborhood at low speed and that was about it. We enjoyed the probox top.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I took delivery today. They called their Honda rep and they instructed them to inspect the throttle and release it to me. Had surgery today so I didn't really get a chance to do much with it. Me and the wife went putting around the neighborhood at low speed and that was about it. We enjoyed the probox top.
That’s good news on the release.

R

razok

Apr 3, 2019
pa
Ownership

1. 1000-5

so I'm picking up my new 2018 1000-5 deluxe and the dealer told me that parts came in 4/8. Are they replacing the whole gas pedal now or are they just lubricating? the dealer is far so I'd like to know I wont have to go back.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
so I'm picking up my new 2018 1000-5 deluxe and the dealer told me that parts came in 4/8. Are they replacing the whole gas pedal now or are they just lubricating? the dealer is far so I'd like to know I wont have to go back.
The entire gas pedle gets replaced. Here is a pic showing the improved parts. 256f872226a48f7853907dcc84af2b9422bfe3665a914380e70d1ad30cfba2af

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

H

HondaTech

If it's in dealer inventory they have to replace the part. The only thing we can grease is customer units until parts are readily available.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!