TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
HMF bumper installed with Viper 6k winch mounted (upside down). Still need to do the electrical for the winch.

View attachment 430012
Not that it may matter on a smaller winch, but Warn, Ramsey, and Superwinch have always recommended your line spools onto the bottom of the drum, with their truck winches. It's less stressful to the mounting bolts.

Check with the manufacturer. You can reverse the poke polarity to do that.

Not telling you what to do with what you paid for and will use. Just something to consider to protect your investments.

You're building a SEMA show rig
I don't think I could stand to get it dirty. I'd wrap in dry cleaner bags and just look at it.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: CID and Jankyeye
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Not that it may matter on a smaller winch, but Warn, Ramsey, and Superwinch have always recommended your line spools onto the bottom of the drum, with their truck winches. It's less stressful to the mounting bolts.

Check with the manufacturer. You can reverse the poke polarity to do that.

Not telling you what to do with what you paid for and will use. Just something to consider to protect your investments.

I don't think I could stand to get it dirty. I'd wrap in dry cleaner bags and just look at it.

Thanks, I’ve read that before. Looking at it though, it currently spools off the “top” which is the bottom (closest to the mounting bolts) and is a straight feed through the fairlead.

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, I’ve read that before. Looking at it though, it currently spools off the “top” which is the bottom (closest to the mounting bolts) and is a straight feed through the fairlead.
Okay. I didn't know much about the brand. Thank you

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

The red is pretty, I’m sure it won’t look this nice after take over.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Well I tried to finish the skid plate this morning and found 4 more stripped bolts. I’m out of m6 nutserts so I have to wait until I get more.

• Sad
Reactions: CID and TxDoc
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Well I tried to finish the skid plate this morning and found 4 more stripped bolts. I’m out of m6 nutserts so I have to wait until I get more.
I ran into this problem on my 19 X2. The bolts rust and strip out the threads. I have one bolt missing on the roll pan because of this but I like your idea of using the rivnuts to fix this.

Reactions: TxDoc and Jankyeye
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
After searching for a P520 for a few weeks without any luck. I stumbled upon a 2023 Talon 1000R live valve. Wasn't really looking for one but wanted a 2nd machine since most of our rides are just the family and it can be a long walk out some places. I wont claim it was a steal by any means but It was marked down enough to convince me. However since I wasn't looking for a Talon, I'm not even sure where to start having done zero research into the "must haves". I assume skid plates, vent lines, are pretty high on the list. Is the intake pre-filter still needed with the new ones?

View attachment 427955 View attachment 427956

And for anyone wondering, it will "JUST" fit on a 7x10 trailer, lol

View attachment 427957 View attachment 427958
Love them colors. Congratulations on a great machine

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Life saver, let me tell you. Well worth the money.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Marathon trail armor skid plate install finally complete. That was painful. I really should have started with this. Had to pull the front bumper mostly back off, drill holes in the satv frame stiffener and I lost count on how many rivnuts I installed.

I will say the pneumatic rivnut gun is the cats meow. As long as you don’t over do it and strip the threads out of the new insert….:rolleyes:

IMG 7895 IMG 7894

Last edited:
advertisement
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Went to install the HMF rear bumper and am not super happy with the color match. The front was near perfect. The back is closer to orange. Guess it won’t matter once it gets dirty…

IMG 7905

BlacktopBurner

BlacktopBurner

Judge Of Others
Lifetime Member
May 21, 2024
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know. I HATE it.

I'm pretty sure we did a few runs like that for a few different machines, but I'm pretty sure we're going back to the basic design. Whoever decided to put that there needs to stub there toe and have their crayons taken away. Shockingly...nobody wants to take credit for the "update."

@Jankyeye you should definitely call in and complain. We need complaints on this so they fix it. We may have the old style ready again. I know this was brought up last week too. Give us a call at 855-743-3427 and complain (but do it nicely...we have some nice people on the phone).
Yeah, it’s on my new full/vented, not pleased.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Trying to wrap up my electrical stuff and struggling with the winch. Hard wire switch works mostly correct, except the In switch sticks (continues to pull when released) and the remote just flashes in either direction.

Image Image

• Wow
Reactions: CID and Coeus
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Will I got the sticky button sorted out, just needed to be exercised I guess. Still working on the remote

Reactions: Coeus
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Swore I wasn’t going to make a rats nest out of the electrical this time. Looks like I failed. But at least the 2nd battery is in and the winch 1/2 works.
Edit to add, ignore the zip tie on the negative battery terminal, the stupid nut is lost to the skid plate abyss.
IMG 7911 Image

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!