P1000 New Skid Plate for Sale

bmcote

bmcote

Supporting Member
Mar 4, 2021
Colchester, CT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey everyone! I just picked up my 2021 P1K5 Deluxe not realizing it already came with a skid plate. I had already ordered this one before I got my UTV (https://utvpartsandaccessories.com/products/honda-pioneer-1000-uhmw-skid-plate.html).

It is going to incur a 20% restocking fee and an arm and a leg to ship back to the manufacturer. Does anyone want it?

I'll pay shipping up to $100, asking $300 for the skid plate.

Not a bad deal for a brand new still-in-the-box skid plate! Just trying to stop the bleeding at this point!

1 2 3

Reactions: Lady01
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Hey everyone! I just picked up my 2021 P1K5 Deluxe not realizing it already came with a skid plate. I had already ordered this one before I got my UTV (https://utvpartsandaccessories.com/products/honda-pioneer-1000-uhmw-skid-plate.html).

It is going to incur a 20% restocking fee and an arm and a leg to ship back to the manufacturer. Does anyone want it?

Not a bad deal for a brand new still-in-the-box skid plate! Just trying to stop the bleeding at this point!

View attachment 261494 View attachment 261495 View attachment 261496
Are you referring to the thin little plastic sheet that comes from the factory? If so, I'd go ahead and put the UHMW skid you bought on the machine. The stock one doesn't do much more than keep twigs from poking around in there; it's not a "skid plate" by any means.

bmcote

bmcote

Supporting Member
Mar 4, 2021
Colchester, CT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Adam490 thanks for the advice, I'll probably do that. I just went out and looked at the stock one and you're right. It's just a thin sheet. The one I got isn't super heavy duty but it's twice as thick as the one on there already!

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
@Adam490 thanks for the advice, I'll probably do that. I just went out and looked at the stock one and you're right. It's just a thin sheet. The one I got isn't super heavy duty but it's twice as thick as the one on there already!
Yep, you definitely don't want to rely on that to protect the bottom of the old girl :).

P

Piercej40

May 16, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How much did you pay for the skid plate? I am in the exact same predicament prayer I have not received my unit yet oh, it is scheduled to arrive mid-june. I'm surprised that Honda doesn't put a real skid plate on these things. Did you get the skid plates to protect the A-Arms as well?

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How much did you pay for the skid plate? I am in the exact same predicament prayer I have not received my unit yet oh, it is scheduled to arrive mid-june. I'm surprised that Honda doesn't put a real skid plate on these things. Did you get the skid plates to protect the A-Arms as well?
Look at the SATV skid plate, best deal I found for complete coverage and 1/2” thick.

Jacks

Jacks

Jan 6, 2020
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 261494 View attachment 261495 View attachment 261496
How did this plate work out for you?

advertisement
bmcote

bmcote

Supporting Member
Mar 4, 2021
Colchester, CT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How did this plate work out for you?
worked out great! i scrapped the OEM "skid plate" and i liked the one i got. the fit was a bit off but with some fenagling it worked fine!

Jacks

Jacks

Jan 6, 2020
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
worked out great! i scrapped the OEM "skid plate" and i liked the one i got. the fit was a bit off but with some fenagling it worked fine!
Does it help to leave the old one on as well to double up?

Reactions: JenElio
bmcote

bmcote

Supporting Member
Mar 4, 2021
Colchester, CT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does it help to leave the old one on as well to double up?
Correct @JenElio i took the OEM plate off. However your point is interesting - the aftermarket one ends abruptly right behind the front wheels and has the 1/2" front edge exposed. I kept the OEM front 1/3 section to someday/perhaps put back on to cover that lip. i just havent gotten around to seeing if it works that way or not yet.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!