Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We installed it on this warranty claim i just did, ill have to look and see if it got paid today.
Was there failure, or just a complaint from the owner that it’s difficult at times to engage or pops out of gear at times when engaging low?

Reactions: Smitty335
H

HondaTech

Was there failure, or just a complaint from the owner that it’s difficult at times to engage or pops out of gear at times when engaging low?

His wouldn't engage low at all, just grind.

I thought you were referring to a failure of the shift star/shaft before they would pay for the new parts.

They most likely wont pay if the only reason for the repair is to put the new parts in. They should if there is another sub trans repair being performed at that time.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
His wouldn't engage low at all, just grind.
Ok, that’s certainly the difference. As long as I confirm that mines not flat lined on the dash, and shows the gear in the display, I have no problem with engagement. Occasionally I have been in a hurry and pulled it to low and hit the gas and had it pop out.

So I guess this is why my tech is telling me mine won’t be updated by warranty as it is….

Thanks for the info…

Reactions: Smitty335
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Some 2021 model Talons and Pioneers may have come with these 2 parts.

These are supposed to be the low gear fix for popping out or grinding.

The 2022 models have these parts as well as multiple other new parts as well for both the Pioneer and Talon. Som shared, some not.
Can you tell off of vin if these were used?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No, the only way to be 100% would be a sub trans teardown. You might be able to scope through the drain hole and see it, I'll look at the one we got coming in and see if its possible.
That would be great if you can!
id like to know if my 21’ has it also

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Can you tell off of vin if these were used?
Just guessing, but @HondaTech posted the availability of the new part pretty close to when they became available.
So if your unit was built before then - probably not included.
In fact, they may not have been used at all on the '21 year model (there may be a glut of parts available for you guys to buy but this is a topic for another thread).

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!