Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and to Honda UTV's.....I need some advice. I really like the Honda Pioneer 1000-5 and I have test drove the Deluxe and the LE. The LE definitely has a smoother ride and I would attribute that to the Fox suspension. However, is it worth the money?

At this moment I can buy a brand new 2017 LE from a dealer for $17,200. His 2018 is $18,600.

I can also buy a 2018 Deluxe for $15,000.

My question is which is the better deal in your guys opinion? The 2017 LE seems like the better deal and it literally brand new from Honda. They did put the heat deflector beneath the driver seat but other than that everything else is stock. Is there any difference in the 2018 model LE I should be aware of? From what I have researched so far the heat deflector was a big fix. They look like the same machine to me but before I make my decision I wanted to ask the experts.

Also, What about going with a deluxe over an LE.....Is it more cost efficient to buy a deluxe and upgrade myself?

Any advice is welcome guys...I need some good direction here. Thanks!

P.S. I'll be using the vehicle for hunting and trail riding....

There are a lot of opinions here and some guys are pretty stuck on what they like. I have owned a 2016 3 seat eps and now have a 2018 3 seat LE. They are mechanically the same as a 5 seat model.

First off, FOR THE MONEY, the 2017 LE is absolutely the best deal. Even if it needs a few updates done they are no cost to you. BUT, as has been stated, it is a model year older and when this calendar rolls to 2019 in a few days you magically have a 2 year old machine. Odds are that $1400 difference will be very apparent and possibly larger if you wanted to sell it. If you plan to keep it 10 years then don't worry about it. I had about a $1000 difference between a 17 or 18 model and went with the 18.

I will say the fox shocks are a significant improvement from the regular factory shocks. It is up to you to put a value on the upgrades from the deluxe to the LE.

Now, lots of guys want to get in a big pissing match about the I4wd. I was very skeptical as well before I got mine but now I absolutely love it. Yea people say "its one more electrical thing to go bad" but I don't see any of those guys driving trucks with hand crank windows and Manual transmissions because of that same lame excuse.

There are several threads here stating the features and benefits of the i4wd and I encourage you to check them out.
I will just say this.... ALL of the guys talking down about the i4wd have never owned or driven a machine that has it.
Further....ALL of the guys that actually do have i4wd LOVE IT!!....I have yet to hear anyone complain about the i4wd.

Lastly, when you buy the LE, first thing you do is take that aluminum skid plate off and sell it to someone else. Then go buy a full body UHMW skid plate. You will be glad you did.

Good luck with your purchase.

J

JTW

There are a lot of opinions here and some guys are pretty stuck on what they like. I have owned a 2016 3 seat eps and now have a 2018 3 seat LE. They are mechanically the same as a 5 seat model.

First off, FOR THE MONEY, the 2017 LE is absolutely the best deal. Even if it needs a few updates done they are no cost to you. BUT, as has been stated, it is a model year older and when this calendar rolls to 2019 in a few days you magically have a 2 year old machine. Odds are that $1400 difference will be very apparent and possibly larger if you wanted to sell it. If you plan to keep it 10 years then don't worry about it. I had about a $1000 difference between a 17 or 18 model and went with the 18.

I will say the fox shocks are a significant improvement from the regular factory shocks. It is up to you to put a value on the upgrades from the deluxe to the LE.

Now, lots of guys want to get in a big pissing match about the I4wd. I was very skeptical as well before I got mine but now I absolutely love it. Yea people say "its one more electrical thing to go bad" but I don't see any of those guys driving trucks with hand crank windows and Manual transmissions because of that same lame excuse.

There are several threads here stating the features and benefits of the i4wd and I encourage you to check them out.
I will just say this.... ALL of the guys talking down about the i4wd have never owned or driven a machine that has it.
Further....ALL of the guys that actually do have i4wd LOVE IT!!....I have yet to hear anyone complain about the i4wd.

Lastly, when you buy the LE, first thing you do is take that aluminum skid plate off and sell it to someone else. Then go buy a full body UHMW skid plate. You will be glad you did.

Good luck with your purchase.
And I have to add... buying an LE means you’ll ride less in the future.

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 17 1K5 deluxe. If my dealer had an LE in stock with the price difference you are looking at, I would have bought it. The shocks are $1400. The LE includes the hard roof $, the under dash storage $, under seat storage$ , front bumper$ , a armguards, plus the i4wd. I agree about swapping out skid plate, but you'd do that for the deluxe anyways. The resale of an older model balances out with deluxe vs LE. I would vote 2017LE and make sure the clutch is done.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't worry too much about resale value, it's just a hunk of metal. Unless it's made of gold, it's not a investment just a investment in entertainment. The value of the rig is never going to go up. Ask youself if your someone that keeps things around for awhile or someone that sells or trades just before the rig takes a nose dive in value. good luck

2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let us know what you buy!

The prices are Out the Door?

Dealers around me have 2018 deluxe for 13,500 but have so many fees (uncrate/assemble, tax, $499 doc fee) and that comes out to 17,100 out the door.

Reactions: sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!