P1000 New to pioneer

W

WVMatthews1982

Apr 10, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We just recently bought a p1000-5... I had heard they were mechanically "noisy" due to the direct drive transmission. But ours seems to rattle something fierce. Shifts good and strong, but just so much chatter going on. No so much the engine but thendrive train specifically. Is this pretty typical?

Reactions: TripleB and Lady01
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from Central Texas

Yes they are noisier than other belt style machines. Is the machine new? If so give it a little time, You will notice a difference after the first oil change. And then better after each one after that.
JUST MAKE SURE AND CHECK YOUR OIL LEVELS IN ENGINE,SUBTRANS,FRONT AND REAR DIFFS!

W

WVMatthews1982

Apr 10, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks.
Welcome from Central Texas

Yes they are noisier than other belt style machines. Is the machine new? If so give it a little time, You will notice a difference after the first oil change. And then better after each one after that.
JUST MAKE SURE AND CHECK YOUR OIL LEVELS IN ENGINE,SUBTRANS,FRONT AND REAR DIFFS!

Yeah brand new. Well sort of. Sounds about right though. It just rolled over for its first service due... was told better off sending a certified dealer for the first couple to make sure fluids are flushed correctly and changed.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks.

Yeah brand new. Well sort of. Sounds about right though. It just rolled over for its first service due... was told better off sending a certified dealer for the first couple to make sure fluids are flushed correctly and changed.
The oil changes are pretty straight forward. there is a great step by step writeup here on how to do it. Also i have had 3 of these machines and have not had a no problems with valve adjustments.

I cant stress enough to learn the correct way to check oil levels in this machine!!!! Check them yourself before you leave the dealership!!!!! Don't ask how i know!!!

W

WVMatthews1982

Apr 10, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The oil changes are pretty straight forward. there is a great step by step writeup here on how to do it. Also i have had 3 of these machines and have not had a no problems with valve adjustments.

I cant stress enough to learn the correct way to check oil levels in this machine!!!! Check them yourself before you leave the dealership!!!!! Don't ask how i know!!!
What do u mean by you have had 3 of these machines and have not had a no problem with valve adjustments?

Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Greetings from Northern Michigan. I'll have mine in late June. I'll be climbing on and under it to check those oil levels and rattles before leaving the dealership.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from
Another Michigander!

what they all said!

BTW...PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Welcome from Rocky Top (TN). Honda SXS Club can help you with the right way to make your fluid checks and changes and it will cost you a hell of lot less than at the dealers.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

HOW?

• Haha
Reactions: Lady01 and JenElio
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We just recently bought a p1000-5... I had heard they were mechanically "noisy" due to the direct drive transmission. But ours seems to rattle something fierce. Shifts good and strong, but just so much chatter going on. No so much the engine but thendrive train specifically. Is this pretty typical?
WELCOME from NW Arkansas!

K

Kelldog

Dec 2, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am a new owner. I just follow the owners manual. i dont beleive there is some hidden secrets on this

Reactions: Lady01
Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Wisco!

Oil changes are messy, but easy to do step by step and you save big time. Drain two holes, change two filters, fill.

Last edited:
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Welcome from Illinois good luck with the dealer.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!