crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Hi All,

Trying to get my ducks in a row and figure out how similar the P500 and P520s are. I am purchasing quite a few accessories, but nobody seems to have a lot posted for the P520. I'm buying:
Wheels and tires- Maxxis BH 3.0 Rear tires all the way around in 27x10x14 radial, Tusk 14x7 5/2 beadlocks​
Roof- Honda​
Windshield- Honda hard coated flip out​
winch- Warn Axon 35-s​
Winch mount- ?​
Rear rack for the box- Maybe honda, Might be Siezmik Dump Bed cargo rack​
Spare tires mount-? not sure yet....​
I have other things on my list for later in the season. My main concern is getting a winch mount for inside the front bumper hoop on the front. Can anyone tell me if anyone else makes a mount for that area besides the $270 option from Honda?

Any suggestions on other must haves, I would appreciate a heads up. Still on the list: Front locker, glove box, ipad mount... way too many more

Thanks,

Rob

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
Go with the KFI winch and mount. Honda is overpriced...especially the mount. I have Honda hard roof and the same Honda windshield you want. They work fine. I also got the Honda rear soft panel.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Kfi

Is there any useful way to use this opening? Are there winch mounts that allow you to mount a winch in this area? I just wonder if using this area for the winch is better and saving the space in the hoop for a small light bar.

Thanks,

Rob

Reactions: J80 and Mudder
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I believe that's where a dealer installed winch would go, a Warn mounted upside down. It's a matter of preference I guess. I didn't want my winch buried under water if I were stuck in a mudhole. Also mounting up high is a better angle for lifting the plow blade.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Just curious, does KFI have step by step instructions for install like the Honda one does?

Reactions: J80
MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
Ditto on the KFI mount. Super simple to install. I think mine had a several page installation instructions but I just looked at the general diagram for fastener locations and put it on.

Likewise, you go play in the mud, you will be driving "into it" not backing into it, so the higher the mount, the less water/mud you have to deal with to get the rope un-spooled and hooked!
Pioneer front in barn as of 8 25 19

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
KFI mounted high, for the reasons already mentioned, here as well. Pretty sure the KFI can be mounted inverted so that the winch would be lower if that's the way you want it.

Reactions: J80 and Mudder
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I'm sure people will ask, so here are the specifics:

• Tusk Teton Machine/black, Beadlock ,4/110, 5-2 wheels
  • Maxxis Bighorn 3.0 radials, 27 x 11 x 14, actual height is 27.5" and right at 11" wide per the manufacturer
  • Lastly; Yes, I have a Defender...

Reactions: J80 and Bigtee
J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
I don’t know if you have gotten the winch yet but I’m a fan of the Strongmade Bumper and KFI Stealth 3500lb winch if you get a P520 just make sure this bumper will work with the 520 if you get this bumper
94EC5DD4 554B 41CD A034 30BB2C453F38

Last edited:
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I haven't got the winch ordered, still deciding on a lot of things: brand, size, type of rope...

I do like the look of the strongmade bumper, but I'm afraid it is out of my budget this go around and I'm a bit concerned about weight. It looks really beefy, which also means it might weigh a lot.

Rob

Reactions: J80
Bigtee

Bigtee

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2017
Grayson, KY
Ownership

1. 520

2. 1000-5
I haven't got the winch ordered, still deciding on a lot of things: brand, size, type of rope...

I do like the look of the strongmade bumper, but I'm afraid it is out of my budget this go around and I'm a bit concerned about weight. It looks really beefy, which also means it might weigh a lot.

Rob
The Strongmade is really not that much weight for what you get. Mine is still In the box but can be moved around easily.

Reactions: Mudder and J80
J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC

Rob
It’s not that heavy but it’s a damn good bumper I liked it cause it got my winch up high and as far as money goes just put it on credit card that’s what I did 😄 and I paid it off in two payments

• Haha
Reactions: Bmurray and Kinlaw

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!