Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks, I can see where it would make things simpler. Fine job BTW.

Thank you. I Didn't like the idea of wood so I tried most everything else but with the lip to recess the windows in it was a quick router then glass over. The fiberglass will protect the wood indefinitely. Would sure save time next go round!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Livingston Co., close to KY and Barkley lakes.
Do you ever ride at turkey bay? I haven't been there in awhile, herd it was washed out a bit.

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The last time I was there was three or four years ago and I went with a buddy who has a air bag suspended chain drive buggy. Years ago we were there every weekend on three wheelers. My buddy that has the buggy also has a 900 RZR (I think) and we were talking last night about going to the creek for a ride.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Okay I've been scouring the web looking for a better material to build the enclosed cabin from for weeks and it wasn't until last night that I possibly found it. The glassed over wood worked out good but there was a possibility of better so I never stopped looking and I just wasn't happy suggesting wood as a foundation even it it works.
Ordered me up a 4x8 sheet of 3/4 abs today to finish up the rear of the sxs. Should have this early next week I'll be doing a write up on this product as well and believe it to be much easier to work with. Those looking to build an enclosure just wait a second I believe this'll be better. Second part of the build begins here come the back doors and rear gate. I expect nothing less then a hard panel fully enclosed Pioneer.

Last edited:
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Okay I've been scouring the web looking for a better material to build the enclosed cabin from for weeks and it wasn't until last night that I possibly found it. The glassed over wood worked out good but there was a possibility of better so I never stopped looking and I just wasn't happy suggesting wood as a foundation even it it works.
Ordered me up a 4x8 sheet of 3/4 abs today to finish up the rear of the sxs. Should have this early next week I'll be doing a write up on this product as well and believe it to be much easier to work with. Those looking to build an enclosure just wait a second I believe this'll be better. Second part of the build begins here come the back doors and rear gate. I expect nothing less then a hard panel fully enclosed Pioneer.
I'm patiently waiting...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm patiently waiting...

You're looking for the same thing as I am. I'm pretty sure this'll work good even if you sided the whole rig

Reactions: DGann and sharp
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Get R Done. College football is coming to an end and I need some your adventures to watch. ;)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Could you cite your source and cost if the abs sheet?

It's called expanded abs. Sign shops use it a lot and car companies use it for models sometimes. It's pretty hard to locate and many companies build it. Sintra is my manufacturer. Went to a local wholesale only plastics shop and they are getting me a sheet for 180 which is smoking good! Wednesday next week I'll have my grubby fingers on it. The stuff isn't designed for structural but we'll just see about that. You can screw,router,cut,drill and even finish the edges. No fiberglass or primers this time. Not 100% but I'm willing to make a mistake.

advertisement