Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
My R is chattering bad thought it was valves or trans BUT thinks to this thread it is for a fact my driveshaft, I took the hood off and reached down and the driveshaft is real loose.
Phuckity phuck, that’s not good. Please let us know what this is when you confirm...🤔

Reactions: Smitty335
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picked it up Saturday and that was it. Sounds like it should now. no more annoying noise.
Mine has same symptoms but I don’t feel any slack. Your slack was in the u joint caps?

Sawpilot

Sawpilot

Sep 6, 2018
West Virginia
barnwoodbuilds.com
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yes the universal joints, the caps get loose inside the yoke I welded Washers over my new drive shaft to keep the caps from moving, I also put a snorkel on mine with a KN filter and dry bag to keep my factory filter clean... works great

FFB1A52A A7F0 46E5 8B2F 2CA7AFF9C79E BAD8168D 7A51 4ACC BA3D E0C180A24E04 9BB22D6A FD50 4D4A ABCC 9425FA7EB01D

Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Surprise,Az Cincinnati,OH
Ownership

1. Talon R
Good evening everyone. I'm new to the group. I'm experiencing this same issue with a 2020 Talon 1000r I never heard or maybe noticed this chatter, until I just installed new tires. I just took it out today and really noticed the noise. I'm glad to hear its just a driveshaft issue. I'll remove mine to make sure that's my issue before ordering. I have 940 miles on mine is there anything else everyone is seeing as a warning for other issues?
Sorry nobody responded to you a year ago. I just read this and giving a link that would help, if you haven't seen it yet.

IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
My 2019 Talon-X Turbo has more of a rattle that seems to be coming from behind the passenger seat so I think it's a different issue. It's almost like an exhaust shield rattle. It's most noticeable when slowly climbing a hill though it also does it some during normal acceleration on level ground. I've checked the Turbo support bracket but that is tight. I've tried putting clamps around the shields to prevent rattling but it didn't make any difference. Has anyone else have this issue?
This is what may be rattling on yours.........
IMG 5985

Reactions: CID
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
It’s driveshaft I just replaced mine with the new aftermarket driveshaft Erin Early makes.
Is that driveshaft noticeably quieter? I know it's a lot stronger. Not that I think they are really loud to start with, just curious if you can notice it over stock. Thanks

Reactions: Smittyp
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is that driveshaft noticeably quieter? I know it's a lot stronger. Not that I think they are really loud to start with, just curious if you can notice it over stock. Thanks
Yes no chatter that everyone has experienced. The chatter is when you are at lower rpm and higher gear. On black top or dirt road you will notice the chatter the most.

Last edited:
prostreet66mustang

prostreet66mustang

Dec 6, 2020
Oro Valley (Tucson) Az
Ownership

1. Talon R
Ya check the drive line and get out the welder and spot weld the caps. A must if you work it hard. And check the three front diff. bolts. I had one that came that was there but not tight?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!