Pre Load 1000x

MX4life320

MX4life320

Jan 10, 2022
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am noticing a lot of sag on my unit, doesn't help when I added a winch, tree kickers and a radio, but thats besides the point. Has anyone adjusted their pre load on stock fox shocks? How many threads do you have showing or how far?
This was a used Talon when I bought it, but did see it have shock therapy spings on there, I do not think those came stock.

Thanks for any information.

Reactions: Blownzuki
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
You can adjust the preload or look into Bandit tenders. Bandit tenders did improve ride also and were not too expensive. They now have full spring kits also, but I just did tenders. Ran them on both the a 4 seater and 2 seater.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Since you already have aftermarket springs, just tighten the preload until your ground clearance is where you want it. My load (tools, spares and bed extender) squished out my rear tenders so I got Weller Racing's recommended springs for my weight and tightened the preload until I was back at the spec'd 13" ground clearance on my R (14" with 30" tires).

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
See @MX4life320 I told you in that other thread thats a Loaded question and everyone will be very different. You just got to add some, then drive some, add some, drive some. Or remove some till you like what you see and feel. If you do what we have set up, ill guarantee you wont be happy cuz were all different.
I am noticing a lot of sag on my unit,
And that sounds like a personal problem 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: trigger and CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!