Noise

Gwishy

Gwishy

Oct 9, 2013
Peru, NY
Ownership

1. 700-2
I know there have been a lot of comments about Honda's attention to detail in regards to the Pioneer vibrations. Does anybody have any comments on how loud the actual machine is? I have been around some guys that have Q-Links and Rhinos and they are very loud IMO... I will be using my Pioneer primarily for hunting and when I went for a test ride at the dealership it didn't seem very loud at idle but I didn't have the opportunity to drop the hammer. Just looking for some user opinions... Thanks

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMO, I don't think it's any louder than any other utility ATV Honda has ever made. I think it is perceived as being louder by the passenger(s) because of the roof and enclosure.
I have a Honda Valkyrie which for all intents is a cruiserfied Goldwing and the Goldwing is the, sorry, gold standard for quite motorcycles. It's still loud when your on it. There is only so much you can do to quite down internal combustion and still have any power.

I know that with the rear seats up it is louder in the cab area because all that noise that was being deflected down into the dirt is now bouncing around off the hard roof. It's also louder on pavement than dirt.

Not sure if that helps. Just my 2¢.

B

Bobbo64

Aug 28, 2013
The pioneer is very quite compared to some of the other brands out there. I had a Kawasaki Teryx and it was so loud that you had to yell to the passenger if you wanted to have a conversation. The same goes for some other side by sides I have rode in. As for as using it to hunt out of, I believe you would have one of the quietest side by sides out there except for some electric models.

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
I agree with ohanacreek- it's no louder than a typical atv of the same displacement. But it is louder to the occupants due to the fact that you are surrounded by more material that can reflect noise. I've ridden in a Teryx, Rhino, and several Rangers and the Pioneer is undoubtedly quieter from the occupants perspective. My Mule is quieter but it is just a 400cc putt putt.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!