My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
From the girls uncle

Craig Bates
Truth be told, further investigation has shed light that she was likely wearing the restraints. The accident was severe, and she was not thrown completely from the vehicle. It was a long time before anyone could get down the trail to the incident, and the drunk driver could not even properly seek assistance. It took medical a very long time, and there has been a terrible lack of communication. If you feel like getting on a soap box, try the one about better safety monitoring, medical teams on site, and equipment needed to get down the trails and properly move a heavy recreational vehicle off of a victim who is trapped.

The problem is going to be that the wreck involved bad choices involving the consumption of alcohol, the media is going to twist it for ratings and click as though everyone that owns a SxS is a drunken drain on society. The driver is going to spin it as though they were a victim too, to reduce their responsibility. The other incident I think was during a race and killed the driver and a bystander who was too close.

I would like to see a REAL solution not a knee jerk reaction, I don't think they have ever considered an ERT.

Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
The problem is going to be that the wreck involved bad choices involving the consumption of alcohol, the media is going to twist it for ratings and click as though everyone that owns a SxS is a drunken drain on society. The driver is going to spin it as though they were a victim too, to reduce their responsibility. The other incident I think was during a race and killed the driver and a bystander who was too close.

I would like to see a REAL solution not a knee jerk reaction, I don't think they have ever considered an ERT.
The race incident was 2 spectators that was killed when a driver lost control on a downhill return route the bystander was standing way to close to the path of the race.. As for the unreal expectation of EMS and rescue teams being readily available, yes could be available but not placed to where in a timely manner they could reach most places in the expansive area of the park . As far as the alcohol and the banning of coolers , this again wont stop drinking even if you search every machine that being a impractical you still wont stop the drunks from drinking. All comes back to people being responsible for there own action. If as stated the driver was drunk he should be charged with DUI and murder.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
<snip>

All comes back to people being responsible for there own action. If as stated the driver was drunk he should be charged with DUI and murder.

Agree 100%. Or at least vehicular homicide.

With the park either being county property or having close ties (I don’t recall which) the sherif ought to have jurisdiction ....

On edit - fixed stoooopid autocorrect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
Well I had a decision to make and I thought long about it . I guess Im going to the retirement party the 10th. So I will not be joining you on the ride. I know I am going to regret it !

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I had a decision to make and I thought long about it . I guess Im going to the retirement party the 10th. So I will not be joining you on the ride. I know I am going to regret it !

I'm up for riding sat, looks like a rain soaked day.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Top trials or Boggs and boulders? I’m from LA and have rode the few parks in MS. We have been to CO, AR and TN. Looking to make a trip March 23 weekend to one of parks in AL. I was planning on going to Stoney but not not since the no cooler law. I like to trial ride not a mudder. I like rocky hilly terrain as well. Any suggestions? Anyone want to meet up. I have a RV and will be spending the weekend.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Top trials or Boggs and boulders? I’m from LA and have rode the few parks in MS. We have been to CO, AR and TN. Looking to make a trip March 23 weekend to one of parks in AL. I was planning on going to Stoney but not not since the no cooler law. I like to trial ride not a mudder. I like rocky hilly terrain as well. Any suggestions? Anyone want to meet up. I have a RV and will be spending the weekend.

Top Trails is a good mix of rocks n mud, they’ve closed off about 2/3 of the property now, and there’s a larger proportion of bottom land (mud) I think you’d like Stony better.

Choccolocco is more like Stony.

Bogs is 3.5 hours south of me and I just don’t have the time to make two weekend trips in March but I’ll meet up with you if I can.

Reactions: Bayouownbeer
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Top Trails is a good mix of rocks n mud, they’ve closed off about 2/3 of the property now, and there’s a larger proportion of bottom land (mud) I think you’d like Stony better.

Choccolocco is more like Stony.

Bogs is 3.5 hours south of me and I just don’t have the time to make two weekend trips in March but I’ll meet up with you if I can.
Choccolocco looks good. hows Boggs and boulders? Mostly mud?

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Choccolocco looks good. hows Boggs and boulders? Mostly mud?

Choccolocco is pretty good.

Never been to BogsNBoulders 3.5hrs is a long haul one way for me when there’s 3-4 parks within 45-90 mins. I can be at Windrock/Royal Blue in 4.5-5hrs so bogs has always been slightly less desired for me. We’re usually headed to beach if we’re going south.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
zmnypit

zmnypit

Oct 20, 2017
alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The cooler ban has been lifted! We are terribly sorry that we haven't been able to answer all of the questions and concerns regarding the cooler ban. We will be checking coolers throughout the park at any given time to retain our zero tolerance Alcohol policy. This will include a cooler check before entrance into our trail system. REMINDER!!!WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS OR HARNESSES AT ALL TIMES!!!!! We love each and every one of y'all that choose to ride Stony! [HASHTAG]#Buckleup[/HASHTAG]!

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The cooler ban has been lifted! We are terribly sorry that we haven't been able to answer all of the questions and concerns regarding the cooler ban. We will be checking coolers throughout the park at any given time to retain our zero tolerance Alcohol policy. This will include a cooler check before entrance into our trail system. REMINDER!!!WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS OR HARNESSES AT ALL TIMES!!!!! We love each and every one of y'all that choose to ride Stony! [HASHTAG]#Buckleup[/HASHTAG]!
No alcohol at RV campsite ?

Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
No alcohol at RV campsite ?
This park is in a dry county , So the policy has to be as such stated. But there not going to go into cabins or camper searching use some discretion and it will be fine. This period of reaction will be tempered with time.

Reactions: Bayouownbeer
Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
Redneck Gasket kit 29315315 10214661959200723 5451635177510806585 n

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Where ya riding?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!