Ocala National Forest ride

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Since there already was an Ocala thread, I thought I'd continue it.

When this storm settles down, if any of ya'll are going up there to ride, post when and where and maybe some of us can hook-up and meet.
We have been going to the Rodman trailhead and unloading there. There is a really good road all the way there and it's a really nice place to jump on the trails.

Just make sure you pay the use fee.....................TRUST ME.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I might be able to go. About two hours from here.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Since there already was an Ocala thread, I thought I'd continue it.

When this storm settles down, if any of ya'll are going up there to ride, post when and where and maybe some of us can hook-up and meet.
We have been going to the Rodman trailhead and unloading there. There is a really good road all the way there and it's a really nice place to jump on the trails.

Just make sure you pay the use fee.....................TRUST ME.

We normally ride out of Ft. McCoy KOA then ride over to that trail head and pay the fee then hit the trails. Last time we went the trails were rough enough to knock my radio loose and crack dribblez steel light bar brackets. We rent a cabin at the KOA and grill out.

Reactions: knuckledeep
nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We normally ride out of Ft. McCoy KOA then ride over to that trail head and pay the fee then hit the trails. Last time we went the trails were rough enough to knock my radio loose and crack dribblez steel light bar brackets. We rent a cabin at the KOA and grill out.

Yes, last time we rode those trails they were rough, we just go a bit slower. I guess it's the price you pay for having limited riding areas and all.

My wife and I did a little road trip up to this KOA yesterday. WOW, is this a well kept secret. Very nice. It's about 85 miles from where we live, we can load up the toy hauler leave on a Friday afternoon, ride a couple days and be home Sunday night. We are very much looking forward to a trip up there.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
It seems we always have overheating problems when we hit those trails. The sugarsand is murder. We've had overheating problems time and again with the P5, P7-4, and P1000. It is fun to camp, drink, cook, and ride, making a weekend of it with friends.

Reactions: Average_Joe
nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, last time we rode those trails they were rough, we just go a bit slower. I guess it's the price you pay for having limited riding areas and all.

My wife and I did a little road trip up to this KOA yesterday. WOW, is this a well kept secret. Very nice. It's about 85 miles from where we live, we can load up the toy hauler leave on a Friday afternoon, ride a couple days and be home Sunday night. We are very much looking forward to a trip up there.

My wife and I are planning a two day trip here on the 25 and 26 home on the 27th of October. If anyones in the area or planning on being there, drop me a message, maybe we can meet up and do a ride.

Reactions: Bastardchild
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
My wife and I are planning a two day trip here on the 25 and 26 home on the 27th of October. If anyones in the area or planning on being there, drop me a message, maybe we can meet up and do a ride.

I might drive over for the 25th I will OK it with my wife and let you know. That sugar sand is brutal with over heating any tire remotely aggressive on our p1k5 the entire cab gets saturated.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

Nitzo will you be at the Fort McCoy KOA?

We will be there Saturday the 26th the wife is OK with it. I will just swap out my silverbacks for my light truck tire set.

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5

We will be there Saturday the 26th the wife is OK with it. I will just swap out my silverbacks for my light truck tire set.

If all goes well we will be there..........Are ya'll going for just the day?

We are also going up there Thanksgiving weekend, going up on Wednesday, leaving on Sunday.

Dribbles

Dribbles

Apr 30, 2017
Land O Lakes, FL
Ownership

1. 700-2

Send a report back on how the trails are looking. Have fun! I can’t wait to get out there with the new toy hauler!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: nitzo
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
If all goes well we will be there..........Are ya'll going for just the day?

We are also going up there Thanksgiving weekend, going up on Wednesday, leaving on Sunday.

I live an hour away it will be for the day.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Send a report back on how the trails are looking. Have fun! I can’t wait to get out there with the new toy hauler!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy sheet! long time no see on the forum.

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
that's a pretty nice campground there and there friendly you will enjoy it what rv spot are you staying at or what cabin

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
that's a pretty nice campground there and there friendly you will enjoy it what rv spot are you staying at or what cabin

Yes, we have stayed there a few times now, we really like it. Thats where we met Bastardchild over Thanksgiving.

We will probably stay in the first row, you know where you turn left right after you enter the park, then we go about 10 or spots down and pull in, we go for a nice level 50 amp spot.

We have a Venom Toy Hauler and a Ford dually, both are a dark brown, if you are in the area and see us do stop in and say hello.

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
FYI...........The park service will be issuing 3 to 5 times more citations this year compared to last year. How do I know this? I was stopped Sunday morning while driving on road # "70". The officer informed me that riding/driving on any numbered road was a violation with a fine of $185. He checked all my paperwork and said because I was one of the few that actually had all the right paperwork he would let me go with a warning. But, he informed me that his bosses had said cause of all the complaints that they were getting about offroad vehicles in the forrest they were going to "up" the patrols and also the tickets

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
FYI...........The park service will be issuing 3 to 5 times more citations this year compared to last year. How do I know this? I was stopped Sunday morning while driving on road # "70". The officer informed me that riding/driving on any numbered road was a violation with a fine of $185. He checked all my paperwork and said because I was one of the few that actually had all the right paperwork he would let me go with a warning. But, he informed me that his bosses had said cause of all the complaints that they were getting about offroad vehicles in the forrest they were going to "up" the patrols and also the tickets
Whats all the "right paper work"? Nothing like donating $$

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Whats all the "right paper work"? Nothing like donating $$

I think in that area having a drivers license with no warrants is "good paperwork"....LOL, J/K.

Paperwork:
A CDL with no violations for 20 years
Insurance on my sxs
Up to date registration on the sxs and having it displayed.
Fees payed to use the forrest. Annual pass.

Reactions: JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I think in that area having a drivers license with no warrants is "good paperwork"....LOL, J/K.

Paperwork:
A CDL with no violations for 20 years
Insurance on my sxs
Up to date registration on the sxs and having it displayed.
Fees payed to use the forrest. Annual pass.
Gotcha! Thanks! Im planning a weekend trip up there sometime in February, so good to know. Its about a 4 hr drive for me and I'd hate to get a citation on my first ride in there. Thanks!!

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gotcha! Thanks! Im planning a weekend trip up there sometime in February, so good to know. Its about a 4 hr drive for me and I'd hate to get a citation on my first ride in there. Thanks!!

I talked to the guy camping next to us and he said he rode right by the same officer that gave me the warning, they waved at each other, go figure. I'm not sure who or how they decide who gets pulled over, I just know I'm not risking it again. When you get a map you will see the roads, the numbered ones, like 66, 70, 09, there are several.

Reactions: JenElio

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!