AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone installed the Honda windshield wiper without using the Honda accessory switch panel? I'm trying to figure out the wiring so I can use a custom switch panel with the Cooper Bussman PDM.

The wiring harness provided by Honda that goes to the wiper has 4 wires - red, black, green and yellow. The red and black are self-explanatory. What are the green and yellow wire for? I can't find a diagram showing how the switch they sent with it operates, but since mechanically it is on/off, I don't believe the wiper has the capability of low/high or intermittent. I would think it would be as easy as grounding the black wire and powering it with the red wire.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone installed the Honda windshield wiper without using the Honda accessory switch panel? I'm trying to figure out the wiring so I can use a custom switch panel with the Cooper Bussman PDM.

The wiring harness provided by Honda that goes to the wiper has 4 wires - red, black, green and yellow. The red and black are self-explanatory. What are the green and yellow wire for? I can't find a diagram showing how the switch they sent with it operates, but since mechanically it is on/off, I don't believe the wiper has the capability of low/high or intermittent. I would think it would be as easy as grounding the black wire and powering it with the red wire.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hey @CumminsPusher , I know you've done a lot of wiring. Any thoughts on this?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For anyone looking for this information, check here. It's a good discussion and fix for the issue.

Wiper Wiring Diagram

H/T to @CumminsPusher for finding this, and all that posted to it for their work and research.

Last edited:
OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sorry about the two year bump.....

So I am getting ready to install the OEM windshield wiper kit on my P1K and I am NOT using the OEM switch panel/fuse panel/volt meter. I've researched how this needs to be wired and I have the Dorman 88069 Universal 5 Pin 30 Amp Relay to properly park the wiper blade. I know that the OEM kit comes with a 7.5 volt fuse for the switch. My question is what about a separate fuse to the wiper motor from the positive side? I plan on running the positive wire to the wiper motor from my fuse panel but what size do you think it should be? I can't find specs anywhere on what the wiper motor draws for amps.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sorry about the two year bump.....

So I am getting ready to install the OEM windshield wiper kit on my P1K and I am NOT using the OEM switch panel/fuse panel/volt meter. I've researched how this needs to be wired and I have the Dorman 88069 Universal 5 Pin 30 Amp Relay to properly park the wiper blade. I know that the OEM kit comes with a 7.5 volt fuse for the switch. My question is what about a separate fuse to the wiper motor from the positive side? I plan on running the positive wire to the wiper motor from my fuse panel but what size do you think it should be? I can't find specs anywhere on what the wiper motor draws for amps.
Don’t have that unit and I wire things differently then that seems to be setup but I’m assuming the switch is good for more then 7.5 amp so if anything shorts it should take out fuse prior.
If 7.5 amp fuse then wiper would run somewhere just shy of the 90watt the fuse is rated for. (12v x 7.5amp = 90watt)

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Myself either dont have that onmy windshield. I havee the EMP ithink i said that right? Lol wipers on both sides like @CumminsPusher has they are manual. They work great and no electrical to mess with you on if youwant an alternative.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!