Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I carry most things needed, jack, spare (35"), tie rods, ball joints, press, and a hand full of tools.
None of that will be necessary, I’ll be in this....😎

7DC4EE15 1670 4AEE 9317 8AD9A8688077

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Let me think about it, and see if I can come up with something else. I assume others may have spares with them on trip, in case I or someone else needs a spare. My tires (28x10-14 Sedona Rip-Saw R/T) are in great condition, but was just trying to plan for the worse.
I think you will be fine! I have a set of Ripsaws with roughly 2000 HARD miles on them. Arkansas, Tennessee,Colorado and Texas trails. I have not had 1 tire failure this or the set i had on my 700 before.

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Just to get an idea of what this trip will be for everyone attending, who all has been to Silverton and moreover, who has rode the San Juan trail system and to what extent? Will we have mostly first timers or any with much prior working knowledge of the trails?
I'd post this question back on the first page if possible so it doesn't get lost in the pages if it were/is possible.

I've been over Engineers, Cinnamon and Stoney a couple of times, but it was over 30 years ago, and it was in 4-wheel drive pickups - not UTV's. I've been to Silverton many times by car, truck and motorcycle. My sister lived in Durango for years and my father was raised in Aztec, NM, just south of the Colorado border, so visiting grandparents and other relatives in that region was an almost annual occurrence when I was a kid.

Steve

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been over Engineers, Cinnamon and Stoney a couple of times, but it was over 30 years ago, and it was in 4-wheel drive pickups - not UTV's. I've been to Silverton many times by car, truck and motorcycle. My sister lived in Durango for years and my father was raised in Aztec, NM, just south of the Colorado border, so visiting grandparents and other relatives in that region was an almost annual occurrence when I was a kid.

Steve
Stoney Pass is one trail we haven't managed to traverse yet as it is an out and back run. I was considering running it if there is interest. I'd like to see it and Pole Creek if its worth the drive.

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Going over Stoney to Kite Lake is definitely worth it. Then on the way back hit Buffalo Boy Tran House with the memorials on top of the mountain behind it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Going over Stoney to Kite Lake is definitely worth it. Then on the way back hit Buffalo Boy Tran House with the memorials on top of the mountain behind it.

Will make a plan of running it then. Have wanted to, just always run out of time.

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Will make a plan of running it then. Have wanted to, just always run out of time.

It took us all day to run it but we also ran out to the Lost Trail trailhead but that part isn’t really worth it. Maybe run the rest of Cunningham Gulch when you get back.

Kite Lake
563e6b035942844fed99a0ab7e4233bf

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We are down to the final countdown! 26 days as of 8-3.

Group dinner plans have been formalized. We are going to have hamburgers and hot dogs on likely Wednesday night. Us and Monte will be bringing the patties and dogs. We request everyone else bring buns, condiments, cheese, disposable plates and the like, drinks (likely of your own desire but maybe some for sharing), maybe a dessert if it can be whipped up there or safely stored and transported from home. We might want to have a contribution list so nothing is left out. We can determine the event location after scoping out the best place. May be at our cabin (it has a grill), the city park, or another suitable location. We are coming off season so we shouldn't be crowded.

One morning, my wife and Cyndi are planning on fixing a finger food breakfast (ham and cheese spinners, muffins, ham cheese and egg cups etc.). Bring your favorite morning liquid wake up!

The club founder, Richard, is planning on sending a package of shirts and a winch for a raffle that I will likely have Tramgauge officiate if he'll do the honors. I also have 50 ride logo stickers to share.

I'd like to have a group meet at the city park on Sunday evening with all who can attend to get radios tuned, ride questions answered, and the Monday blastoff planned.

As most of us are driving halfway of more across the US to get there, I would like to try for a fairly hard agreed upon takeoff time so as not to lose any more of a day's ride than absolutely necessary. We have had something ruin Monday for us the last 2 trips and the lost trail time is a real bummer after driving 950 miles!

Be sure and have liability insurance on your buggy and if you didn't prepurchase a trail sticker ($25.25), stop at the gas station at town entrance or Triangle Motel and get one.

I will bring a good camera and tripod for group photos.

Add you thoughts and ideas that can help make this as great a ride as possible!

Hondas in the San Juans 2020!!!

hoghead76

hoghead76

Feb 7, 2018
oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We are down to the final countdown! 26 days as of 8-3.

Group dinner plans have been formalized. We are going to have hamburgers and hot dogs on likely Wednesday night. Us and Monte will be bringing the patties and dogs. We request everyone else bring buns, condiments, cheese, disposable plates and the like, drinks (likely of your own desire but maybe some for sharing), maybe a dessert if it can be whipped up there or safely stored and transported from home. We might want to have a contribution list so nothing is left out. We can determine the event location after scoping out the best place. May be at our cabin (it has a grill), the city park, or another suitable location. We are coming off season so we shouldn't be crowded.

One morning, my wife and Cyndi are planning on fixing a finger food breakfast (ham and cheese spinners, muffins, ham cheese and egg cups etc.). Bring your favorite morning liquid wake up!

The club founder, Richard, is planning on sending a package of shirts and a winch for a raffle that I will likely have Tramgauge officiate if he'll do the honors. I also have 50 ride logo stickers to share.

I'd like to have a group meet at the city park on Sunday evening with all who can attend to get radios tuned, ride questions answered, and the Monday blastoff planned.

As most of us are driving halfway of more across the US to get there, I would like to try for a fairly hard agreed upon takeoff time so as not to lose any more of a day's ride than absolutely necessary. We have had something ruin Monday for us the last 2 trips and the lost trail time is a real bummer after driving 950 miles!

Be sure and have liability insurance on your buggy and if you didn't prepurchase a trail sticker ($25.25), stop at the gas station at town entrance or Triangle Motel and get one.

I will bring a good camera and tripod for group photos.

Add you thoughts and ideas that can help make this as great a ride as possible!

Hondas in the San Juans 2020!!!
I can bring baked beans and chips

Reactions: Pilgrim and TimG
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!