Opinion on used 500

BamaBoundSteve

BamaBoundSteve

Lifetime Member
Mar 13, 2015
S.E. Alabama
Hi guys,
In my search for a 500, I came across a used one in Real Tree Camo with 129 miles and 26 hours. The back rack has some rust where something was mounted and the bottom right cage frame has two areas in which the paint is rubbed off and some rust. One spot about 1 inch by a half an inch and the other two inches by ahalf an inch. The unit belonged to a guy who was dying of cancer and bought it to take to Colorado for his last hunt. The dealer bought it back after his passing. It has a Honda hard roof included and warranty till September.
Dealer is asking $8,000.00 plus tax and regulations fee.
The small rust areas scare me but I drove it and it runs like new. Service was done on it.
Leaning towards a new one but my wife likes the pattern.

N

norcalmendo

Dec 29, 2013
I'd go for a new one. If something does end up going wrong with the used one youll be kick yourself in the arse.

marchinkeja

marchinkeja

Feb 15, 2015
Carpendale,Wv
i bought mine new out the door for $8000. Shop around for a new one, i think the sales is slowing up a little so they are cutting some prices at some shops.

BamaBoundSteve

BamaBoundSteve

Lifetime Member
Mar 13, 2015
S.E. Alabama
Thanks guys. I guess it's my area but I finally found one dealer who is a good guy. He did come down in price but charges $700 for freight and handling. Most other places I have dealt with are typical, as soon as you walk in they want you to sign now.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Also don't forget there is VERY little plastic on the 500 so if you really want camo it would be very easy to wrap and a LOT cheeper than what Honda wants.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just get the plastic from a parts place.
There are several options.
Cheapcycleparts.com is one there are others. Check the Google.

If I didn't have so much added that mounts to the plastic I'd get the Midnight Silver plastic from the 15(700)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!