P1000 P1k and talon ecu swap

O

Okie1987

Nov 24, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im new here and ive been following along on this the best I can. Im interested in doing a talon throttle body and ecu. Can you buy just a throttle body and swap over your sensors? Or do you have to buy a throttle body assembly?

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Im new here and ive been following along on this the best I can. Im interested in doing a talon throttle body and ecu. Can you buy just a throttle body and swap over your sensors? Or do you have to buy a throttle body assembly?

You could buy the throttle body by its self but I would buy the assembly as you need the fuel injectors, they are bigger on the Talon at that point the assembly is not that much higher and you got the new idle control motor and throttle position sensor.

Reactions: JTW
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Doing the throttle body without a cam swap might hurt more than it helps. You'll probably loose some bottom end and not turn enough rpm making power to benefit. You also have to reflash or have a Powercommander & autotune to get the fueling correct for the talon ecu.

Reactions: Adam490 and JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!