BOX1

P1000 P1k and talon ecu swap

Z

Zmorris83

It’s my understanding you have to buy a license for additional machines.. so I’d assume it’s encrypted
That doesn't mean it has to be encrypted. Lots of tuning suites VIN license. The reason they would have for encryption is to slow down people with the correct equipment from using their equipment to write a definition file. (Which is a futile)

Reactions: JTW
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Can you check? Try making a duplicate of your read and changing the file extension to .bin. If the .bin file will still work in PV3 editor program or WinOLS then it's not encrypted.
No luck. Can't see the definition file after changing the extension on the tune file.

J

JTW

That doesn't mean it has to be encrypted. Lots of tuning suites VIN license. The reason they would have for encryption is to slow down people with the correct equipment from using their equipment to write a definition file. (Which is a futile)
Hmmmm... well y’all need to hurry up with this!

Reactions: BWAF
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I messaged the eBay seller and asked and he said it won’t work for Pioneer but doesn’t know why. I have some eBay bucks begging to be used but I will wait for you to confirm it fits. Thanks

It fits perfectly
The black adapter in the picture is a bored out A/F adapter that i would NOT recommend to use, that I used anyway.

Image000001 Image000000

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
The throttle body is a plug and play mod
But you need to bore out stock throttle body to air tube adapter or buy a Talon adapter, or a Honda Talon Aluminium Throttle Body Adapter | eBay

Let me do a recap on my mod list
A/T cam and air tube adapter
Cat removed from stock muffler
3/4" hole drilled in muffler
Dual spark plugs
Power Commander
Talon ECU

When you install a African twin cam you loose low end torque and gain top end horsepower,you add Talon's ECU it gives back low end torque but leaves a soft spot in the middle. Installing the 46mm throttle body and injectors eliminated the soft spot in the middle.

I doubt a stock Pioneer would see much benefit without supporting mods:
Cam and Zmorris reflash.

Here's the link I posted earlier

A

ALBANATE

Jun 18, 2018
San Diego
Ownership

1. Other Brand
For those wondering the bin file is perfectly usable and not encrypted. I am not sure what tables WinOLS will define for you, but if someone is working on it I would be happy to share info to work together. I have quite a few tables already defined with addresses. Also, if someone has a pioneer file in bin format I would love to see the data and driver differences!

Nate
Alba Racing

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Are you guys getting launch mode to work as well?

Things are coming along, the Talon R has launch status in it but seeing that Zmorris83 got booted off the forum and the computer work is his baby I am not at liberty to share his work on here.

I have not got a wiring diagram from Honda yet they told they should be able to get it for me this week but it didn't happen so hopefully this coming week, I am sitting on my hands not wanting to fry my X4 ECM

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Haha well, you can refine it and just tell me what settings to change :p
hopefully soon... just the swap alone is awesome if u like to really ride. this looks as complicated as engine tuning to get my head wrapped around lol

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!