P500 p5 suspension

C

Chooglin

gotta remember not alot of ppl can do something like this @Chooglin but with a bolt on kit hint hint ;) they can
Bolt on would be nice and there is a way to do it , but welding it is a much better way.

As long as you can weld or know someone who can , it will be a simple job with these mounts I designed .

Reactions: CumminsPusher
C

Chooglin

I think 1/3 of views are mine. I wish we had few more testers . So far seems like its our private thread. Well small sparkle will make big fire :)

Mine shocks still not shipped , I wake up and even before going to bathroom, look at the forum . I think I'm getting obsessed.
I am also obsessed.........it's a sickness :)

C

Chooglin

11,000 views on this thread. There's interest for sure. With your adapters,and more test units out there,it'll get more popular.
Those that say they don't want a pioneer 500 for a racer will probably realize that they might enjoy a smoother ride while cruising the trails or climbing that rough rocky part of the path....
You and @jak9922 have proven it's a better ride !

C

Chooglin

I've not ridden the 500 But I've heard people several times say the 700 is a Cadillac compared for ride. The 1000 compared stock to the 700 is a Cadillac IMO. So, now having both the 1000 and 700 with fox...the 700 with fox kicked ass compared to the stock 1000. It was light years smoother. With that philosophy I'd definitely want good shocks on the 500. You don't need to ride like an ass hole to enjoy them.
I wish you had a p5 already , you would be the perfect candidate to do some testing

Reactions: CumminsPusher
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So with new shocks and new flame throwing exhausts, and upgrading speed chips on P500, we might dream about Mad Max rides?

Ms1wqjpzfowrc4yzsy5y

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I wish you had a p5 already , you would be the perfect candidate to do some testing
Me too! I feel left out here because you guys are building my rig too and I can't help or suggest anything. Sucks! I don't mind putting time into something but I know it's in good hands though I'll do whatever you all come up with

Reactions: Chooglin
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Me too! I feel left out here because you guys are building my rig too and I can't help or suggest anything. Sucks! I don't mind putting time into something but I know it's in good hands though I'll do whatever you all come up with

Wait you have now P1000, are you planning to get P500 also???

advertisement
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What can I say , I truly can call my Pioneer 500 , "small sucker" :))), it does sucks money , shocks , filter, got jack, new multi tool showel, gonna build rack, cooler :00000, on & on & on & on

I could only imagine if arab sheikh would get one, then it would have golden roof with roof mount for golden AK-47.

I think I let my stress off by working on it and spending on it, it pays me back well and not grumpy :)

Last edited:
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Jak, not sure if Im right, but try to count number of coils on 429 and 425 HD , if more on 425 HD then the rate goes by number of coils, if the same then by thickness and material used for spring production. If you swap 425 HD spring to 429 I think it should be fine, since they are same length 15.5".

C

Chooglin

I picked up the first set of mounts from the machine shop tonight.I will get them mounted and welded on tomorrow.
20161106 172125 20161106 172100
I am still waiting for my new shocks to ship , so I will need to wait to take it for a ride until they get hear.

@solrus I ask him to make two sets but for whatever reason , he only made one. he will be making a second set at the beginning of the week. I will get them shipped to you as soon as he finishes them !

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I picked up the first set of mounts from the machine shop tonight.I will get them mounted and welded on tomorrow.
View attachment 25782 View attachment 25783
I am still waiting for my new shocks to ship , so I will need to wait to take it for a ride until they get hear.

@solrus I ask him to make two sets but for whatever reason , he only made one. he will be making a second set at the beginning of the week. I will get them shipped to you as soon as he finishes them !

Common Chooglin !!! Send me your set :))), while waiting for new shocks :)))

C

Chooglin

Common Chooglin !!! Send me your set :))), while waiting for new shocks :)))
I thought about doing that but I want to make sure there are no problems before I send yours out ! :)

It won't take him long to make your set !

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm kidding, please work on your set and finalize it, no rush, and may be tell your friend to wait until you get shocks , install them , test and then send me. My dad comes next week, we shall hunt all three weeks and work on P500 as much as possible too.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 25782 View attachment 25783

So these bolt to existing mounts then are welded into place? And are for the fronts only? Why the milled or textured finish on one side of the plates?

Good work guys, thanks for sharing and looking forward to results!

j

Reactions: Chooglin
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!