P500 p5 suspension

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No single. If they fit they are yours . I'm going to start to give away old eom shocks or may be find a shop where they would measure Honda spring rates .

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

C

Chooglin

No single. If they fit they are yours . I'm going to start to give away old eom shocks or may be find a shop where they would measure Honda spring rates .

Sounds good , I will measure them tomorrow (I have a Christmas event tonight) and I will let you know !

If they will work and you are still interested in using my brackets on the rear , I will trade you even up..........sound good to you ?

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They are on the pic , look back it's brownish color thick spring next to red

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Once I get to shop can take a pic again

Reactions: Chooglin
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just odd size not like 2.5"

C

Chooglin

@solrus those springs you offered to me , they won't work , my springs are 10 1/2" length...........thanks for the offer though!

I have been looking all over the Internet looking for springs that will work with these shocks , as of now , no luck !

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Try summit racing

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is ID??

advertisement
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
There is nothing I would want more than for you to get this figured out so the rest of us can use your setup,I am wondering if your ride is so stiff is because you have the bottom of the shock so close to the wheel that you get less leverage from the wheel, also the other picture you posted the shock is on the bottom A arm allowing it to be farther away from the tire, what about angling the top into the original top mount to cut your spring stiffness down, or is it to long? just throwing ideas out there, Good luck,I will be watching this thread to see what you come up with.

Last edited:
C

Chooglin

There is nothing I would want more than for you to get this figured out so the rest of us can use your setup,I am wondering if your ride is so stiff is because you have the bottom of the shock so close to the wheel that you get less leverage from the wheel, also the other picture you posted the shock is on the bottom A arm allowing it to be farther away from the tire, what about angling the top into the original top mount to cut your spring stiffness down, or is it to long? just throwing ideas out there, Good luck,I will be watching this thread to see what you come up with.
Thanks for the input.

I think the setup I currently have is the best it's going to get , as far as the bracket location. I will get it figured out , as long as I can find a lower rate spring that will fit on the progressive shocks.

These springs are stiff , they should be on a 3/4 ton truck. I find it hard to believe they used them on the Rhinos.

I wish I knew the spring rate of the stock rear shocks , I would want something a little stiffer than that !

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can u dissamble stock shock and measure spring rate??

I can donate mine shocks front and rears

C

Chooglin

Can u dissamble stock shock and measure spring rate??

I can donate mine shocks front and rears

I had thought about doing the same thing. I really want to use the progressive shocks with new springs. The stockers are to short !

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well at least u will get true spring rate for stock shocks then u can play with spring load and shock angle . Now all this thread is subjective gestimate vs getting objective "point of leverage"

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I looked at Eibach spring catalog and they have springs starting from ID 1.88" 10-12" long, then 2.25" 10-12", then 2.5" and up

Will 2.25 will work for you? Get 10" long and fabricate aluminum insert or crank more preload nut.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!