BOX1

P500 P5 Under Dash Storage Mod

N

NS9I

Jul 24, 2017
Little Suamico, WI
Ownership

1. 500
Yes the P500 is short on storage. I did the glove compartment thing which worked out well. I also added a storage box under the dash on the passenger side. It measures about 11"w x 7" dp x 3" h and the lid is screw thru some 3/4 inch spacers into the underside of the dash. The spacers were necessary to give clearance for your fingers to be able to open and close the box using the built-in swing clips. Never any complaints from passengers on clearance.

IMG 5836 IMG 5837

S

Sid709

Jun 12, 2019
Toledo ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Nice job and looks good too.

That being said, its a shame that a company like Honda doesn't adequately address this issue in production saving us all the PITA task of making a place to put things.

Ok, I feel better now :)

SpaceTroll

SpaceTroll

Jul 8, 2018
Kirbyville Tx
Ownership

1. 500
Not one comment is a little concerning! Does it look like sh**... something I'm not seeing... stupid idea and the net's going to fall apart?
Even if you're just sick of my BS and want to call me an a**hole? 🤔
LOL Just saw the post. Been in the woods hunting for awhile with not much of a signal. I think it looks like a great idea. We can use all the storage we can get in the 500 👍

Twelch97

Twelch97

Aug 24, 2018
Como ms
Ownership

1. 500
Interior storage in the 500 has always been a challenge. Cargo bag, glove box, console, even that under seat sh** :rolleyes: they all help with small items but still aren't enough. Found myself filling those with stuff and no place to put personal items when going on a ride, wallet, 2 phones, keys, cheater glasses, EDC, these are things I want right next to me and to have access to while rolling. Read in another thread where there was no room for any under dash storage in a P5 and that it would certainly hinder leg room or encroach on the passenger. So that was the goal going in, place to put stuff without confining the riders anymore than they are already. I'd call this out of the way, what do ya think? You can't even see it in this shot.

View attachment 238217

Here it is...

View attachment 238222 View attachment 238226

Used 1/4" rod, cut and bent to fit this area. 1/4" rubber insulated hose clamps to attach, didn't want any rattling. Four holes and four 1/4" bolts was all it took. Everything is aluminum or stainless but all got painted anyway so it won't rust. The only unknown is how the net will hold up. Bought the best stuff I could find at the time but stumbled onto, what I think is, better stuff yesterday so I ordered it. Now that this one is in it would probably hold up fine, pretty stout but if I can get better stuff, quality takes precedence.
As for the amount of room, this ended up being about 15" wide and about 7" tall. It's not just a flat wall behind it either, there is a void and with the angle of the net gives about 3 1/2" at its deepest point. Here's a pic of what I've put in there already.

View attachment 238245

Three pairs of glasses and a couple pairs of gloves are fitting comfortably, the net's barely flexing.

View attachment 238257

No doubt more could be stuffed in there if needed. I don't plan to carry anything very heavy or sharp in there, don't want to cut the net or stretch it out too bad over time. What started out as an adventure in working with plastic and it going horribly wrong, turned out to be a fairly simple mod. Decent amount of storage without taking up any useful cab space.
Oh, and now I'm done. 😉

off topic of storage, but do you have images of how you mounted your seats?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
off topic of storage, but do you have images of how you mounted your seats?

49north

49north

Jan 9, 2021
Daisy WA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
Thanks to all for the ideas..I am good at copying others but have been known to fail with creativity.. LOL

Reactions: trigger
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!