P500 P500 accesssory fuse Blew now won’t start and resets

West

West

Aug 9, 2015
Glenville NC. and Fort Lauderdale, FL
Ownership

1. 500
I’m baffled. Plus my 2015 P500 is at a remote location with electricity so I have to go back with parts and a meter
Currently: Blew fuse after plugging in 150w $10 heater). replaced 10amp accessory fuse (cigarette lighter). Turn key one notch and all lights work (light bar. 2 spots, led headlights, work light). Everything Honda and installed and working perfect since new.
Now: Turn key to start or hit winch control without turning key to start and I hear a click and all goes dead. Pulled diode on fuse box and nothing pops. Accessories still work. Or related?
The strangest thing is all power comes back in 15 minutes and same result.
I need to return to where P500 is located with parts and a meter. Visually all fuses are good. I plan on returning with new 40amp diodes and maybe battery. I’m missing something. Could it be a relay? I’m not aware of anything that resets.

Back story: Plug in cigarette lighter heater worked for 60 seconds then blew fuse. SXS still worked except for accessories. Returned with new fuses. Didn’t know someone had plugged back in battery tender when I restarted and the above happened. (May not make a difference).

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
This probably sounds too simple but it sounds like bad connection on the battery, have you checked to make sure they are clean and tight?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi,
Welcome to the club. Sounds like you have a cluster F on your hands being in a remote location.

Few things I would check.
  • Where did you get KEY ON Power for your winch? or for Accessories?
  • Also, the ACC fuse (cigarette lighter) should be a 15A, not 10A. Hopefully, this was just misread.
  • There are 2, 10A fuses, One is the ECU the other is the Fuel Pump.
What do you need that could help?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I’m baffled. Plus my 2015 P500 is at a remote location with electricity so I have to go back with parts and a meter
Currently: Blew fuse after plugging in 150w $10 heater). replaced 10amp accessory fuse (cigarette lighter). Turn key one notch and all lights work (light bar. 2 spots, led headlights, work light). Everything Honda and installed and working perfect since new.
Now: Turn key to start or hit winch control without turning key to start and I hear a click and all goes dead. Pulled diode on fuse box and nothing pops. Accessories still work. Or related?
The strangest thing is all power comes back in 15 minutes and same result.
I need to return to where P500 is located with parts and a meter. Visually all fuses are good. I plan on returning with new 40amp diodes and maybe battery. I’m missing something. Could it be a relay? I’m not aware of anything that resets.

Back story: Plug in cigarette lighter heater worked for 60 seconds then blew fuse. SXS still worked except for accessories. Returned with new fuses. Didn’t know someone had plugged back in battery tender when I restarted and the above happened. (May not make a difference).

I had a snafu one time where the accessory fuse blew, but so did the big 40 amp. Once I found the 40 amp was out replaced it, been 3 years + never happened again. PS I recommend not using any electric heater off 12v accessory plug, I would wire up one direct with a 20 amp fuse on 14ga wire, it it blows that, just don't use it, too demanding for electrical system.

Reactions: Mudder
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Like mentioned above, it may be as simple as a loose battery connection. Also mentioned above, you do have a potentially challenging situation on-hand. When putting together a goodies bag, I would consider the following: a) a pile of tools and meter; b) another battery for jump; c) a complete set of new fuses and be sure to locate all of them; and d) worst case a tow rope/trailer to bring home...

Just don't let a another brand pull it home and have them post a picture to see it go viral this weekend :)

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
After checking connections as said above, Disconnect winch wiring and see what it does. Process of elimination. That 15 min. Sounds like the thermal breaker on winches. Also check wiring for any chaffed wires with ground short?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After checking connections as said above, Disconnect winch wiring and see what it does. Process of elimination. That 15 min. Sounds like the thermal breaker on winches. Also check wiring for any chaffed wires with ground short?
I am willing to bet everything is hooked up to the winch side of the thermal breaker.
If you can replicate the issue, check for 12v on both sides of the breaker. I bet it is tripping like mentioned above.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!