BOX1

P500 P500 snow plow reccomendations

F

Fenceguy1984

Dec 6, 2017
Mi
Ownership

1. 500
Hey everyone, loving my new P500 so far. Looking to do the driveway snow this winter. Have about a 1200ft long dirt drive. So far I'm looking at the KFI , superATV and warn plows. Anyone have experience with them? I like that the super ATV and warn do not require drilling but overall the KFI seems best. SuperATV plow is really short (height wise not width) I'm looking for something around 50-60 inches wide.

Any tips? Thanks!

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
I put together a Warn provantage 66” system. No drilling needed, uses the OEM Honda/Warn mounting plate and push tube. I bought the 66” provantage blade off EBay for $200. I then also installed a bucket kit on it for another $235. Very nice setup in my opinion. 9c5f83b166675bac72885bf1e3679e6f8da235fbbe7e628ea49b5c6ec6e0282c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
We can get alot of snow at times. I live in the secondary snow belt (lake effect snow)
Yeah...I'm from Utah..
I know about...Lake Effect...
It's pretty...for the Holidays
...but I dont...miss it

R-Lamm

R-Lamm

Lifetime Member
Sep 27, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Dude...you guys gets some..SNOW
...to me it's nice to look at...
sucks to deal with..lol
I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw @Chooglin pic!!! I was thinking I would like to be able to play in the snow like that..but then I thought about all the work that comes with it! We get one snowflake here and all the schools shut down and grocery stores are emptied out!!! LOL

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw @Chooglin pic!!! I was thinking I would like to be able to play in the snow like that..but then I thought about all the work that comes with it! We get one snowflake here and all the schools shut down and grocery stores are emptied out!!! LOL
Yeah...same here..
we get a inch or two...
once in awhile. ..it will dump
...I'm 50 miles from Durango, Co
the storms usally..stay...over there

Reactions: R-Lamm
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Hey everyone, loving my new P500 so far. Looking to do the driveway snow this winter. Have about a 1200ft long dirt drive. So far I'm looking at the KFI , superATV and warn plows. Anyone have experience with them? I like that the super ATV and warn do not require drilling but overall the KFI seems best. SuperATV plow is really short (height wise not width) I'm looking for something around 50-60 inches wide.

Any tips? Thanks!

I went all KFI, 66", winch too stealth 3500 synthetic. Is was about a grand for everything but works great.
Plow

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500

Any tips? Thanks!
Move south like I did, then you won't need a plow LOL.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Right @R-Lamm Been here in AL for a couple years now and I'm still waiting for the first 1/4" snowfall to experience the mass hysteria of the south :eek: where everything shuts down and there's a run on the grocery stores, because who knows how long this will last. :rolleyes:

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
R-Lamm

R-Lamm

Lifetime Member
Sep 27, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Right @R-Lamm Been here in AL for a couple years now and I'm still waiting for the first 1/4" snowfall to experience the mass hysteria of the south :eek: where everything shuts down and there's a run on the grocery stores, because who knows how long this will last. :rolleyes:
That is funny @ohanacreek The sad thing is it accurate to a T here in SC! I have pics of the whole bread/milk aisle EMPTIED because because people freak out...and literally lucky if we get a dusting!!! :rolleyes: Then we get it and I go to work or something...EVERYONE is still out and playing in it with their jacked up 4x4's like they are drudging through the untamed Alaskan frontier! :confused::D

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is funny @ohanacreek The sad thing is it accurate to a T here in SC! I have pics of the whole bread/milk aisle EMPTIED because because people freak out...and literally lucky if we get a dusting!!! :rolleyes: Then we get it and I go to work or something...EVERYONE is still out and playing in it with their jacked up 4x4's like they are drudging through the untamed Alaskan frontier! :confused::D

About all those mallcrawlers see.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
That instragram clip is So true @ohanacreek , schools close on forecast of flurries here in NW GA. Thanks for posting.
Recommend the reverse lever adjustment, one of the many good things I learned on this forum.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That instragram clip is So true @ohanacreek , schools close on forecast of flurries here in NW GA. Thanks for posting.
Recommend the reverse lever adjustment, one of the many good things I learned on this forum.

Spann is hilarious he doesn't take crap for his forecasts. He has said on the air "I could care less about whatever game or show you're missing this is a Tornado warning in our broadcast area"

Around here we tend to just end up with icy roads if it snows and the conditions are right. Which they almost always are when its going to snow. Ground is warm until the cold snow hits it and melts but they don't dry off and then overnight the roads ice since theirs no traffic and we don't salt our roads nor have the capability to.

People are still stupid and buy all the bread and milk if theres mention of flurries, if I were a grocery store I WOULD order extra before a flurry forecast.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
KFI, blade, mount, winch mount with 3500 lbs superwinch. Think it’s a 66” width, very durable, it’s not a toy, ploughs snow way better than I thought it would, works awesome. If using a lot you’ll need a duel battery set up and get synthetic winch line.

j

Reactions: trigger
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I run a 66" blade and personally wouldnt want any less. Had a 60 on my atv and went up to 66 with the sxs. 60 will work but if you run aftermarket wheels and tires or spacers it leaves you very little room on the sides when using blade at full angle before you drive over uncleared path.. 60" blade clears about 53" wide at full tilt. But plenty of people run 60 or even the 54 that honda sells. Its all in what you feel you'll need. Lile i said, i wouldnt want any less than 66 on a sxs.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I just installed the KFI 66" plow kit on mine today. I installed a 'doubler' on the winch cable to reduce amp draw. Took me about 2hrs to assemble and install. We don't have snow yet, but the literature says you can push gravel or dirt with it too. I thought that might be a bit of a stretch- we could never push gravel or dig with our truck plows- they would just 'trip' . As chance would have it, my driveway needed to be graded- I was at the rental place pricing a Bobcat rental about a week ago... so just for the hell of it, I tried the plow on the driveway. Worked like a champ! Seriously! It even worked with the blade angled! It only tripped one time when I caught a tree root. I'm very impressed with the P-5, and the snow plow. Can't wait for snow, I live on a private road that is up to the home owners to maintain, so I'll be plowing the whole works- about 1/8 mile, plus driveways.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!