P500 Paddle Shifters Not Working

shoplizard

shoplizard

Nov 27, 2016
Great Falls, MT 59405
Ownership

1. 500
I had the same problem with my paddle shifters, they just stopped working while driving. I read the information on this thread, made all the checks and inspections, and found nothing. I decided to try a trick we did years ago with cars and trucks that had phantom problems, we would disconnect the battery cable, touch them together, and then reconnect them back to the battery, and voila, my shifters work well now. I was told this drains the capacitors in the computers and resets them.

shoplizard

shoplizard

Nov 27, 2016
Great Falls, MT 59405
Ownership

1. 500
I later found out that it is a good idea is perform the clutch adjustment that's located just above the clutch emergency shaft. It was suggested by the service center that after time an out-of-adjustment condition could cause the brain fart in the computer.

Reactions: HiFive

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!