P500 Reverse indicator not working.

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Started p5 and shifted from neutral to reverse. No movement, bump or indicator light. Back to neutral, shift back to reverse, nothing. Turned switch off. Turned switch on but did not start engine. All lights turned on including the reverse light. Restart engine, shift to reverse, press gas and get movement. It has been going into reverse all along but there is no amber indicator light or other indication of it being in reverse gear. Checked service manual can't find anything about reverse light. I am sure I'm not looking in the correct place. Any ideas and help would greatly appreciated. Going out tomorrow to pull wiring inspection for signs of rodent damage. Just don't know which wires to to check.

advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Put it in reverse. What gear does the display say?
Does it give you this [ -- ]?

Behind the battery you will find this plug -[image]. The wires passing through this plug come from the gear position sensor. They also tell the computer what gear the SxS is in.

If the reverse wire is broken, reverse will not work.

The reverse wire is the solid gray one. It runs from the engine case through the plug and to the PCM.

Hope that gets you started.
22433b0a22c6be5a1f915bd0d1a94c5a

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Put it in reverse. What gear does the display say?
Does it give you this [ -- ]?

Behind the battery you will find this plug -[image]. The wires passing through this plug come from the gear position sensor. They also tell the computer what gear the SxS is in.

If the reverse wire is broken, reverse will not work.

The reverse wire is the solid gray one. It runs from the engine case through the plug and to the PCM.

Hope that gets you started.
View attachment 110795

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yes I do get [ -- ]. I got so hung up on the light I forgot about it. Thanks. I'll check tomorrow.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm looking at a 2017 Camo,also sales man says it's 10 mph faster then any other color....
Some say camo is faster, but you'll never see it. ba da dum tss

We all know red is the fastest. I really don't understand how that other misinformation is getting out there. It must be the Russians!

advertisement
rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Some say camo is faster, but you'll never see it. ba da dum tss

We all know red is the fastest. I really don't understand how that other misinformation is getting out there. It must be the Russians!
You guys are going to give me a inferiority complex. I had to go outside so Sweet Pea didn't hear any of this and get her feelings hurt. LMAO

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 110950
Nope. Just a crappy photo. You had me looking through. Rats chewed on one of the wire bundles and cut the reverse wire. We're going to have a good old fashion rat killing in this barn if the poison doesn't do it's job.
We had a thread on here with some mouse traps, maybe some of the purchasers can update with their results.

Reactions: rtn001 and Mudwing
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!