Reactions: Lady01
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m thinking about buying one of these racks for a spare tire and fuel. Only concern that have is whether the tail lights are blocked. I’m seriously thinking of doing the AZPT ride next year and will need to make all of the bed area available for camping gear.

sean72patrick

sean72patrick

Jul 31, 2019
Boise
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m thinking about buying one of these racks for a spare tire and fuel. Only concern that have is whether the tail lights are blocked. I’m seriously thinking of doing the AZPT ride next year and will need to make all of the bed area available for camping gear.
Do it. I bought one a few years ago, Version 1.Love it!

annoyed

annoyed

Oct 31, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have one of their racks; awesome people - I stopped by their shop to pick it up.

I initially mounted mine higher where it didn’t block the tail lights. That reduced my visibility to the rear more than I liked, so I re-mounted it lower (which now blocks the lights).

the second time, I set it up so that it’s 1” above the tailgate when opened. Works as an extender now. Gained a bit of rear visibility that way too.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I have one of their racks; awesome people - I stopped by their shop to pick it up.

I initially mounted mine higher where it didn’t block the tail lights. That reduced my visibility to the rear more than I liked, so I re-mounted it lower (which now blocks the lights).

the second time, I set it up so that it’s 1” above the tailgate when opened. Works as an extender now. Gained a bit of rear visibility that way too.
Pics or you're lying. Seriously, the visual aid helps.

I want a rear rack, but I want it to be more of a purpose built extender with the ability to mount a tire and Rotopax (i.e., more space for storage if/when we have folks in the back seats).

mikeholley

mikeholley

Supporting Member
Nov 15, 2020
Sonoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pics or you're lying. Seriously, the visual aid helps.

I want a rear rack, but I want it to be more of a purpose built extender with the ability to mount a tire and Rotopax (i.e., more space for storage if/when we have folks in the back seats).
Put your order in early. It looks like they are currently behind in delivery. I have one on order but was told they are waiting on materials that are back ordered before it can be built.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Put your order in early. It looks like they are currently behind in delivery. I have one on order but was told they are waiting on materials that are back ordered before it can be built.
^ I don't think that particular one meets what I need.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!